Daily Current Affair Updates: 24th January
- Vodafone has signed an Agreement with the Government of West Bengal government to invest Rs 3,000 crore for capacity augmentation and new business initiatives over next three years at Bengal Global Business Summit 2017.
- Delhi International Airport Limited (DIAL) has won the "Golden Peacock Award" in 2016 for Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) in the transportation sector under the Aviation category.
- In Every Year "National Girl Child Day" is celebrated on 24th January as a national observance day for the girl child.
- The Postal department of India i.e. "Indian Post" has released a special stamp cover of Olympic Gold medalist winner "Dipa Karmakar", "PV Sindu" & "Sakshi Malik". The Title of the Cover is named as "Golden girls of India – Pride of Nation".
- The Tenure of Indian "Foreign Secretary" S Jaishankar, was extended for one-year.
- Under Make in India initiative, the Steel Minister Chaudhary Birender Singh inaugurated the new "Universal Rail Mill" at Bhilai Steel Plant (BSP). It is the first and world’s longest single rail Mill.
- The Chief Election Commissioner(CEC) of India, Syed Nasim Zaidi has informed that the state government of Goa has opted for an initiative involving electronic transmission of postal ballot to service voters in the upcoming assembly polls. This initiative will make Goa the first state in the country to do so.
- ISRO will set a record when it launches 103 satellites in one go on a single rocket in the first week of February.
- Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu "O Panneerselvam" unanimously passed the Jallikattu Bill.
- The Banking Codes and Standards Board of India (BCSBI) has launched "know your Rights" programme in all the states in India.
- Leading Transporter "Uber" To Bring Food Delivery App ‘UberEATS’ In India.
- T-Hub, the start-up engine catalysing innovation, has announced the launch of ‘GIS Innovation Hub’ (GIH) for start-ups. The GIH is powered by Esri India, the Geographic Information System (GIS) software and solutions provider.
- Ajit Pai an Indian-American is appointed as new Federal Communications Commission (FCC) head by the 45th US President "Donald Trumph".
- China has built the world's largest solar park at a costs of $875 million named as "Longyangxia Dam Solar Park" which can produce about 850 MW of power in Qinghai province.
- India and UAE has launched dialogue conference on Security Situation in Afghanistan.
- The Parliament of Turkey has approved a constitutional reform by introducing "Presidential Rule" in the country to strengthen the powers of the presidency . If the bill will be passed then the President "Tayyip Erdogan" would serve as president until 2029.
- The Government of Nepal has launched "10-year Plan" to boost the domestic production i.e. to boost up the Vegetable Productivity in the country.
- "Saanjh" a film made in a Himachali dialect gets international recognition by grabbing best feature film award at International Borrego Springs Film Festival held USA.
- Ashok Warrier and Birender Singh Yadav accredited as the Ambassador of India to the Republic of Congo & Republic of Burkina Faso.
- Wholesale reinsurance provider "Swiss Re" got approval from the Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority of India (IRDAI) to open a branch in Mumbai.
- Varanasi-based Utkarsh Micro Finance has started operating its banking business as Utkarsh Small Finance Bank to cater to the needs of the poor mainly in the northern part of India.
- In a bid to encourage banks to provide loans for education, the Reserve Bank of India RBI has declared that rescheduling the period of payment of education loans due to the inability of the borrower because of unemployment will not be treated as restructured accounts for computing NPAs.
- Indian Cricketer "Virat Kohli" Becomes the Fastest Batsman to Score 1000 Runs as ODI Captain.
- "Ola" has appointed "Vishal Kaul" as new Chief Operating Officer (COO) succeeding Pranay Jivrajka.
- The Institute of Company Secretaries of India (ICSI) has appointed "Siddhartha Murarka" as the Chairman.