DAILY CURRENT AFFAIR : 6 TH JANUARY
- India and Kazakhstan signed protocols to amend 'Double Taxation Avoidance Convention'(DTAC).This DTAC was previously signed on 1996 for avoidance of double taxation and for the prevention of fiscal evasion with respect to taxes on income.
- Vice President Hamid Ansari has released a book'The People's President :Dr APJ Abdul Kalam '.This book is authored by SM Khan.
- Assam International Agri-Horti show will begin in Guwahati,Assam .This show will be 4th edition of its type.Assam CM Sarbanand Sonowal will inaugurate this show.10 foreign countries are expected to attain this show as per Assam Agricultural minister Atul Bora.
- Three days International Conference on'Yoga for Diabetes' had been inaugurated by Minister of state for AYUSH Shri Shripad Yesso.
- Union Government of India has approved an assistance of Rs 1782.44 Cr to Karnataka.This fund will be utilized for drought affected peoples.
- 'The Island Tourism Festival' begins at Port Blair in Andaman and Nicobar islands.Lt. Governor Jagdish Mukhi will inaugurate this mega event at ITF Ground this evening.
- Anti-dumping duty of 6.3 USD to 351.72 USD has been imposed on Bangladeshi,Nepali Jute product by Union Government in order to protect the domestic industry.
- An 'IPR Enforcement toolkit' for police has been launched by The Commerce and Industry Ministry.This tool kit has been developed jointly by Cell for IPR Promotion and Management(CIPAM) and Federation of Indian Chamber of Commerce and Industry(FICCI).
- Small Industrial Development Bank of India has tied up with Life Insurance Corporation of India to augment capital support to enterprises in the country.
- Karnataka Bank has launched KBL Suraksha.for saving bank account holders.KBL Suraksha is basically Group Personal Accident Insurance Scheme in which saving account holders are insured against all type of accidental deaths.
- Tata sons has appointed S Padmanabhan as Chairman of Tata Power Co Ltd .
- United Kingdom's senior diplomat Sir Tim Barrow has been appointed as a new ambassador to European Union.
- French Consultancy major Capgemini has appointed Anil Jalali of IBM as Human Resource head of its India operation division.
- Global IT Major and Consultancy firm IBM has appointed Karan Bajwa as Managing Director (MD) of IBM India Pvt limited.
- Former Indian Captain Dilip Vengsarkar steps down from Mumbai Cricket Association's vice-president post.
- Renowned sitar maestro Abdul Halim Jaffer dies at the age of 88.
- Veteran Bollywood actor Om Puri passed away due to massive heart attack.