DAILY CURRENT AFFAIR: 5TH JANUARY
- Azur Power commissioned a 150 watt solar power project in Punjab.Till date it is the largest solar power project in North India.
- Assam and Telengana signed Memorandum Of Understanding (MOUs) to join 'Ujwal Discom Assurance Yojana(UDAY)'.After this signing an overall benefit of Rs 6,116 Cr to Telengana and Rs 1,663 Cr to Assam will be provided from this scheme.
- A special stamp to commemorate the 350 th birth anniversary of Guru Gobind Singh is inaugurated by PM Narendra Modi on 'Prakash Parv'.
- Indian fuel retailers companies Indian Oil Corporation(IOC),Bharat Petroleum Corporation Limited (BPCL) and Hindusthan Petroleum Corporation Limited(HPCL) will offer discount of Rs 5 on every LPG refill to all LPG customers who will book and pay for it online.
- A new mobile app named 'ECI360' has been developed by Harpreet Singh Chandoke from a company named '01 Synergy' on behalf of the District Administration of Ludhiana to help the voters,candidates,election staff as well as Election Commission.
- The two day long Assam Biotech Conclave has been inaugurated by Assam CM Sarbanand Sonowal
- 5 Indian American takes oath as members of US Congress .They are Kamala Harris,Ami Bera,Ro Khanna,Raja Krishnamoorthy and Pramila Jaypal.
- Jovenel Moise has been elected as the new President of Haiti.
- At the 70 th General Assembly United Nations has recognized the year '2017' as the International Year of Sustainable Tourism for Development.
- Munich Re will open a composite branch office in Mumbai to service the property casualty,life,health reinsurance markets across the country.
- YES bank tied up with Bajaj Electricals to provide vendor financing using block chain solution .YES bank assured to use this new technology aggressively because it reduce overall cost to almost 70 percent.
- The Reserve Bank of India has appointed Surekha Marandi as its Executive Director(ED).
- India's most successful captain Mahendra Singh Dhoni stepped down as the skipper of Indian ODI and T20 cricket team.
- Arthur Morris is inducted into the ICC Cricket Hall of Fame.He became 82nd player to be inducted into the ICC Cricket Hall of Fame.
- Indian women's football team won SAFF Women's Championship for consecutive fourth time.
- Odisha Cricket Association (OCA)secretary Ashirbad Behera,President Ranjib Biswal and all OCA office-bearers quit from their respective sports after the historical verdict of Supreme Court of India.