DAILY CURRENT AFFAIR : 3 rd JANUARY
- India has made up in the list of countries which offer the highest average annual salary to expatriates by HSBC Holding data.According to this data Switzerland has offered highest average salary of $1,88,275 a year to expats and it is almost twice global average.
- PM Narendra Modi has inaugurated the five day annual 'Indian science Congress' at Sri Venkateswara University,Tirupati,Andhra Pradesh.The theme of Indian Science Congress this year is 'Science and technology for National Development'.
- Online payment app 'BHIM'(Bharat Interface for Money) has become the number one free app on Google play store in India.Within 48 hours of launching BHIM became the India's most popular,highest registering ,most downloaded app in India.
- State Government of Maharashtra has banned the use of 'Purse Seine Nets' for fishing across Maharashtra to protect Fingerlings,and its eggs.
- Andhra Pradesh CM Chandrababu Naidu has launched a new health scheme 'Arogya Raksha Scheme Tumalapalli Kalakshetram ' in Vijaywada, Andhra Pradesh.This scheme will provide medical treatment to people above poverty line by only Rs 1200 annual premium.
- Union Government of India has launched a mobile app 'Haj Committee of India ' which will provide information and facilitate e-payments for Haj pilgrimage.
- The much anticipated 'Hindu Marriage Bill' gets approval of The Senate Functional Committee on human rights unanimously.This bill will enable the Hindu community members to register their marriages.This bill will become law when it will be passed by The Senate, the upper house of Parliament in Pakistan.
- E-commerce giant Amazon from US has won a patent for launching a giant flying warehouse that would act as a launch pad for drones to deliver items quickly.
- Half a dozen PSBs and private banks reduces the benchmark lending rate by up to 1.48% after huge influx of deposits in the aftermath of demonetization.These measures make house loan, auto and car loans cheaper.
- Paytm has got approval from RBI to set up 'Paytm Payments Bank'(PPB).a pilot project of PPB is expected to be launched in some parts of Uttar Pradesh.
- Table Tennis Olympic Champion Li Xiaoxia from China has announced her retirement .She is eighth Table Tennis Grand slam winner in History with single crown from 2008 World Cup in Kuala Lampur ,2012 Olympics in London and 2013 world championships in Paris.
- BCCI President Anurag Thakur and Secretary Ajay Shirke has been ousted by Supreme court of India. Supreme court of India will appoint a panel to run the BCCI.
- David R Syiemlieh has been appointed as UPSC Chairman by President Pranab Mukherjee.He Will take charge on 4th January,2017.
- State cabinet minister of Karnataka H S Mahadev Prasad passed away in Bangalore.He held the ministry for co-operation and sugar before his passing away.