DAILY CURRENT AFFAIR: 20 TH JANUARY
- Union Human Resource Development(HRD) Ministry has launched a web portal 'Shagun' for monitoring of Sarbha Siksha Abhiyan(SSA).
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi will give the inaugural speech on a three day national conference of Central and State ministers and Secretaries of Tourism,culture and sports in kutch,Gujarat.
- Union Government's ambitious scheme 'UDAN' (Ude Desh Ke AAm Nagarik) set to take off next month after Airport Authority Of India(AAI) receiving 43 initial proposals from 11 bidders for 190 routes.
- India and UAE will hold its 1st ever strategic Dialogue in New Delhi.
- Union Government has signed an Memorandum Of Understandings(MOU) with National Yuva Cooperative Society to set up 1000 Janausadhi Kendras.These Janausadhi Kendras provides medicines and medical devices.
- 2nd Raisina Dialogue has been inaugurated by Prime Minister Narendra Modi at New Delhi.
- Union Government has released an aid of Rs 2207 Cr to Jammu and Kashmir as special assistance package.Rs 1093 Cr of this fund will be utilised for permanent restoration of damaged structure in the state.
- The 10th edition of Jaipur Literature Festival has been kicked off at Diggi palace,Jaipur,Rajasthan.This festival is inaugurated by Rajasthan CM Vasundhara Raje,Lyricist Gujral,spiritual leader sadhguru Jaggi Vasudev and American Poet Anne Waldman.
- Under the New Economic Development Policy (NEDP) 'Entrepreneurship Development Scheme'(EDS) has been inaugurated by Chief secretary of Manipur Lalmalsawma.
- Union Railway Minister Suresh Prabhu has inaugurated 'Mission 41k' that will save Rs 41000 Cr over a period of ten years through an integrated Energy Management System.
- Insurance giant 'Lloyd' has got approval from Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority (IRDA) to set up its first ever branch in India.
- Chinese e-commerce Alibaba tied up with International Olympic Committee(IOC)at World Economic Forum meeting in Davos, Switzerland and Alibaba will be Worldwide Sponsor of Olympic Games through 2028.
- RBI Governor Urjit Patel has informed Parliamentary standing Committee on Finance that till date Rs 9.2 Lakh Crore has been remonetised.
- World Bank has approved Rs 1,376 Cr for improvement of Tripura Power System Network.
- Alok Kumar Verma,currently working as Delhi Police Commissioner has been appointed as the next CBI Chief.
- Punjab Royal wins the Pro Wrestling league Season 2 title.At final the beat Haryana Hammers by 5-4.