DAILY CURRENT AFFAIR:16 TH JANUARY
- India got 92nd rank in 'Global Talent competitiveness Index'.Switzerland has topped the list where as India ranked worst among BRICS countries.
- Supreme Court has directed a ruling that a woman in her 24 th week of pregnancy can abort if the foetus is found without skull in the report.
- In order to strengthen the adoption program in the country a new adoption regulations have come into force on 16th January,2017 replacing the previous Adoption Guidelines of 2015.
- The year '2016'is recorded as warmest year of India ever since the documentation of Meterological Records began in 1901.
- Border Security Force (BSF) has launched an operation 'Sard Hawa' at Rajasthan .This operation will continue till 28th January,2017.During this operation border vigil will be increased to check infiltration due to dense fog.
- First edition of Asia-pacific Broadcasting Union(ABU) hold at Hyderabad on 15th January. India's largest public broadcasting agency 'Prasar Bharati' organised this event.
- The Union Commerce ministry has launched an app 'SEZ India'(Special Economic Zone) which will provide information to Developers and units about special economic zones.
- Chairman designated of TATA sons, N Chandrasekaran has inaugurated Kohli Research Block at the International Institute of Technology at Gachibowli,Hyderabad.This block is part of the Kohli Center on Intelligence Systems(KCIS) set up in July,2015.
- 'Sony Pictures Networks India' has launched Sony ROX HD,with this launching they entered the Hindi Music business space.
- Pentavalent Bio Sciences Pvt. Limited from Bengaluru won Tata Social Enterprise Challenge 2016-17.
- To promote tourism of the state among International and domestic tourists ,State Government of Tamilnadu has launched a mobile app 'Pinakin'.This app is provided with two languages Tamil and English which covers World Heritage Tourist Sites like Thanjavur Big Temple,Gangaikonda Cholapuram, Darasuram etc.
- Reserve Bank of India(RBI) has raised the currency withdrawal limits to Rs.10000 per day from Rs. 4,500.
- Wholesale Price Index (WPI) based inflation rose to 3.39% for the first time after following 3 month decline.
- India beat England by three wickets after successfully chasing down 351 runs in Pune. Kedar Yadav was declared Man of the Match(MOM) , he scored 120 runs in the match.
- First Grand Slam of the season'Australian Open' is kicked off in Melbourne ,Australia.This tournament will be held between 16-29 th January ,2017 at Melbourne Park.This year's Australian Open is 105th edition of its type.