DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS :27TH DECEMBER
- Odisha CM Naveen Patnaik has named a Rs 7600 crore Mega Lift Irrigation Scheme after noted freedom fighter Parbati Giri.The State cabinet has approved tender for 13 irrigation schemes with a total commander srea of 19400 hectares in Mayurbhanj and Keonjhar districts.
- In order to promote cashless transactions 'Digi Dhan Mela' is organised in the outskirts of Gurugram.This mela is the first of its type outside of Delhi.
- Union Government has released an amount of 'Rs 1,982 crore' for the Multipurpose Polavaram Irrigation Project in Andhra Pradesh through 'National Bank for Agriculture and Rural Development'(NABARD).
- Veteran actor Mithun Chakraborty has resigned from Rajya Sabha due to health reasons.He was nominated to Rajyasabha by Trinamool Congress(TMC) in January,2014.
- In order to curb pollution Karnataka State Government has launched 25 Bio-diesel buses(KSRTC) in 4 routes,including Tirupati and Chennai.
- Bollywood actor Salman Khan on twitter launched his app 'Being Touch', on his 51st birthday 27th December,2016.
- The Oil Ministry has appointed G.S.Singhvi , a former judge in Supreme Court and Competition Appellate Tribunal Chairman (Compat) as the government arbitrator in $1.55 billion dispute with Reliance Industries Limited(RIL) for alleged extraction of gas from a reservoir connected to ONGC(Oil And National Gas Corporation).
- Dr. Barbara Jatta (54) become first female director of 'Vatican Museums' by Pope Francis.She will take charge on January,2017. Jatta currently working as the Deputy Director of the museums since June 2016.
- The Karnataka Vikas Grameen Banks(KVGB) tied up with 'Bank Sakhi' for employing women in villages to encourage them in cashless transactions.The KVGB Chairman S.Ravindran said that his bank would appoint women business correspondents 'Bank Sakhi' in selected villages where this scheme will be implemented.
- The affected farmers due to Demonetisation the Reserve Bank Of India(RBI) has given extra 60 days to repay their crop loans for the month of November-December and this repayment will be eligible for extra 3% subsidy.
- Former Junior 1 and Australian Open Junior Champion Yuki Bhambri has won the title of ITF Hong Kong F4 Futures .At final Yuki Bhambri defeated Japan's Shintaro Imai.Price money of this tournament is $10000.It is Yuki Bhambri's 11 th title on the ITF Pro Circuit.