DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS:17TH-DECEMBER
- India's foreign Exchange Reserves down by USD 887.2 million to USD 362.987 bn.
- National Thermal Power corporation(NTPC) and National Aluminium Company(NALCO) jointly agreed to set up coal based power plant at Gajamara in Dhenkanal district of Orissa. Approximate investments in all these projects will be approximately Rs 36000 cr.
- Rajasthan Government has launched a subsidised meal scheme "Annapurna Rasoi".As per the scheme poor people will get breakfast for Rs.5 and lunch or dinner for Rs8.
- The Union Governmemnt will deploy 600 'Zila Swachh Bharat Preraks'(ZSBP) to boost Swach Bharat Abhiyan. >Role of ZSBPs will be support to the COLLECTOR/DD0/CEO to implement Swach Bharat Mission by coordinating various sanitation activities in districts. BANKING AND FINANCE
- Pradhan Mantri Garib Kalyan Yojana(PMGKY) comes into effect today and continues till 31st March,2017.[ PMGKY : Declaration of undisclosed income under it can be made by any person in the form of cash or deposits in an account with bank or post office]It provides for 50% tax and surcharge on declarations of unaccounted cash deposited in banks].
- Pimpri Budruk in Pune district of Maharasthra has been declared cashless village.All the villagers of this village have been trained by Bank Officials and volunteers of Centre of Good Governance to get accustomed with Digital Payment Services . SPORTS
- Rio Olympics Silver medalist in Badminton PV Sindhu will play her Semi-final match against Ji Hyun Sung in Dubai for World Superseries Final.
- India reaches final of Men's Junior Hockey World Cup by Australia via shootout at the Major Dhyan Chand Astroturf Stadium in Lucknow. In final India will face Belgium .[Men's Junior Hockey Worldcup started from 8th December 2016 and closing on 18th December]. AWARDS
- Defence public sector company BEML limited has been conferred with CEPM Fellowship Award-2016. The award is given at 24th Global Symposium organised by centre for Excellence in Project management.
- Karnataka Grameen Vikas Bank (Dharwad based) is awarded two awards for Inclusive Insurance from Skoch Group for 2016.The bank got two award under Life Insurance and Micro Insurance Sectors under the order of merit category. APPOINTMENTS
- German Autocar maker Audi has appointed Rahil Ansari as the Head of Audi India from Feb 1,2017. He will replace Joe King.
- For the first time ever an Indian American woman, Savita Vaidyanathan has been elected as the New Mayor of California city.