Daily Current Affairs & GK Update 4 August 2018
In the Current Affairs & GK Update of 4 August 2018 we cover all important National,International,Financial,Sports news which are relevant for upcoming SBI PO,SBI Clerk,SSC,IBPS RRB exams.We at Achieversrule regularly provide One Liner Current Affairs and GK Updates to keep our candidates prepared for Current Affairs section of Banking,Insurance exams and current affairs exam.
- India was today elected as the president of the Asia-Pacific Institute for Broadcasting Development, a regional inter-governmental organisation established in 1977 under the auspices of UNESCO, officials said.India got the presidency for the first time by defeating Iran.
- Ranchi based ranjit Srivastava has made Hindi speaking robot named 'Rashmi',this is the first robot which is speaking in native Hindi language.
- The Telangana State Information Technology, Electronics and Communication department (ITE&C) on Friday signed an MoU with Tech Mahindra to launch India's first Blockchain district.
- President Ram Nath Kovind gave away the Outstanding Parliamentarian awards on Wednesday. The Awardees were Najma Heptullah, Hukumdev Narayan Yadav, Ghulam Nabi Azad, Dinesh Trivedi and Bhartru hari Mahtab.
- External Affairs Minister Sushma Swaraj on Thursday left on her first trip to the central Asian Nations of Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, and Uzbekistan.
- Mauritius-based SBM Group has received Reserve Bank of India’s approval to operate in the country through a wholly-owned subsidiary route — the first foreign lender to receive such a licence after local incorporation was introduced in 2013.
National Highways Authority of India (NHAI) on Friday signed a memorandum of understanding (MoU) with States Bank of India to receive Rs 25,000 crore as a long-term, unsecured loan for 10 years.The Telangana State Information Technology, Electronics and Communication department (ITE&C) on Friday signed an MoU with Tech Mahindra to launch India's first Blockchain district.
- With the elevation of Madras High Court Chief Justice Indira Banerjee as the Supreme Court judge, the apex court has created a new record in the Indian judicial history. For the first time, the top court will have three sitting woman judges, that includes Justices R Bhanumathi and Indu Malhotra — the most woman judges the apex court has had.
Central Govt scheme:
- Loksabha Speaker Sumitra Mahajan today handed over 5 croreth LPG connection under Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana (PMUY) in the Parliament House.The Government launched Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana (PMUY) on 1st May, 2016 and it is implemented by Ministry of Petroleum and Natural Gas through its Oil Marketing Companies i.e., IOC, BPCL and HPCL through their network of distributors across the country.
STATIC GK NOTE DOWN POINTS
- Union Minister of Road transport and highways: Nitin Gadkari.
- Chairman of SBI: Rajnish Kumari.
- Under Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana Uttar Pradesh has got the maximum number of LPG connections stands at 87 lakh.
- Capital of Kazakhstan: Astana.
- Capital of Mauritus: Port Louis