Daily Current Affairs & GK Update 7 August 2018
In the Current Affairs & GK Update of 7 August 2018 we cover all important National,International,Financial,Sports news, nominations, agreements which are relevant for upcoming SBI PO,SBI Clerk,SSC,IBPS RRB exams.We at Achieversrule regularly provide One Liner Current Affairs and GK Updates to keep our candidates prepared for Current Affairs section of Banking,Insurance exams and current affairs exam.
- Parliament today passed 123 rd constitutional amendment bill to provide constitutional status to the National Commission for Backward Classes(NCBC), as several members in the Rajya Sabha urged the government to make public the findings of the caste census and implement reservation accordingly.
- Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister N Chandrababu Naidu inaugurated the world’s first thermal battery plant in Amaravati.Owned by Bharat Energy Storage Technology Pvt Ltd (BEST), the plant uses new technology that will help the state reduce its carbon footprint by nullifying its dependence on factors such as weather.
- The government has set up a four-member group of ministers (GoM) headed by trade minister Suresh Prabhu to advise prime minister Narendra Modi on whether to continue with or withdraw from the 16-member Regional Comprehensive Economic Partnership (RCEP) negotiations.
- The Minister for Road Transport & Highways, Shipping, Water Resources, River Development and Ganga Rejuvenation Shri Nitin Gadkari launched Bidder Information Management System (BIMS) and Bhoomi Rashi and PFMS linkage - two IT initiatives of the Road Transport & Highways Ministry that are aimed at expediting pre construction processes relating to bidding and land acquisition respectively.
- NITI Aayog’s International Conference on “Sustainable Growth through Material Recycling: Policy Prescriptions” was inaugurated by the Union Minister of Road Transport, Highways & Ganga Rejuvenation, Shri. Nitin Gadkari at Pravasi Bharatiya Kendra in New Delhi.
- Armies of India and Thailand yesterday began a two week-long military exercise 'Maitree' with a focus on enhancing anti-terror cooperation between the two sides.
- NITI Aayog has identified 117 districts as ‘Aspirational Districts’. These districts have been selected on the basis of composite index which includes published data of deprivation enumerated under Socio-Economic Caste Census, Health &Nutrition, Education and Basic Infrastructure.
- Google has announced that the final, shipping version of the newest Android update"Android 9 Pie"which is available for all Pixel phones.
- The National Handloom Day is being observed every year on 7 August to honour the handloom weavers in the country and also carter an impetus to India’s handloom industry.This year it was the 4th edition of the National Handloom Day after it was instituted in 2015.
- Pacific Endeavor-2018, a communication exercise under the Multinational Communications Interoperability Program (MCIP) started in Kathmandu.The basic objective of 12 day exercise is to develop common communications operating procedures to enable military forces in the Asia Pacific region to collectively work in the wake of disaster. Around 270 personnel from 20 Asia-Pacific Countries are participating in the exercise, which is jointly organised by the Nepali Army and United States Pacific Command.
- The Board of Directors of Escorts Limited on Tuesday announced appointment of Nikhil Nanda as the new Chairman and Managing Director.
STATIC GK NOTE DOWN POINTS
- Chief minister of Andhra Pradesh: N Chandrababu Naidu.
- Governor of Andhra Pradesh: E.S.L Narsimhan.
- Union Minister of Commerce and Industry : Suresh Prabhu
- RCEP: Regional Comprehensive Economic Partnership
- Union Minister for Road Transport & Highways, Shipping, Water Resources, River Development and Ganga Rejuvenation: Shri Nitin Gadkari.
- NITI in NITI Aayog stands for: National Institution for Transforming India.
- CEO of NITI Aayog: Amitabh Kant.
- Vice Chairman of NITI Aayog: Rajiv Kumar.
- Capital of Thailand: Bangkok.
- Currency of Thailand: Thai baht.