Daily Current Affairs & GK Update 2 August 2018
In the Current Affairs & GK Update of 2 August 2018 we cover all important National,International,Financial,Sports news which are relevant for upcoming SBI PO,SBI Clerk,SSC,IBPS RRB exams.We at Achieversrule regularly provide One Liner Current Affairs and GK Updates to keep our candidates prepared for Current Affairs section of Banking,Insurance exams and current affairs exam.
- The Inland Waterways Authority of India (IWAI) has launched a dedicated portal to connect cargo owners and shippers with real time data on availability of vessels.It has been designed and developed by the in-house IT Department and the traffic wing of IWAI as part of its preparedness for optimal use of its ongoing capacity development on various National Waterways.
- Rajasthan has become the first Indian state to implement the national policy on biofuels unveiled by the centre in May this year. High-power Biofuel Authority approved this implementation.
- In a bid to attract investments for the sustainable development of eco-tourism on a public private partnership (PPP) basis in the Andaman and Nicobar and Lakshadweep Islands, NITI Aayog is all set to host an investors’ conference next week.As many as 11 anchor tourism projects are proposed to be implemented with private sector participation under suitable risk-sharing model and through open-competitive bidding.
- The United States Congress has passed the National Defense Authorisation Act-2019 (NDAA-19) which capped its security-related aid to Pakistan to $150 million, significantly below the historic level of more than $ one billion to $750 million per year.
- France's Parliament has signed into law a controversial asylum and immigration bill. The bill is designed to accelerate asylum procedures by cutting the maximum processing time from the current 120 days to 90 days after entering France. The text was adopted on a final reading by 100 votes in favour to 25 against with 11 abstentions.
- India and Germany today signed an agreement on financial and technical cooperation, with a focus on sustainable urban development and renewable energy.The agreement was signed between German Ambassador to India Martin Ney and Joint Secretary, (Department of Economic Affairs), Finance Ministry, Sameer Kumar Khare.
- A two-day Indo-US Military Cooperation Meeting began today as a prelude to 2 plus 2 Dialogue between the two countries scheduled next month.The meeting was co-chaired by Lt Gen Satish Dua, Chief of Integrated Defence Staff to the chairman, Chiefs of Staff Committee (CISC) and Lt Gen Bryan Fenton, Deputy Commander, Indo-Pacific Command.
- India-origin mathematician Akshay Venkatesh was awarded the prestigious Fields medal.He was recognised for his “profound contributions to an exceptionally broad range of subjects in mathematics”.
- Reigning Formula One champion Lewis Hamilton of Britain (Mercedes) on Sunday won the Hungarian Grand Prix for the sixth time of his career, increasing his lead in the 2018 driver standings to 24 points ahead of his German rival Sebastian Vettel (Ferrari).
- World Junior Squash Championships 2018 was held in Chennai, India.A total of 171 players including 116 men and 55 women from 28 countries took part in the World Junior Squash Championship.India finished in 11th position.Soon, the State Government will release Biofuel Rules for 2018.
- Star Indian javelin thrower Neeraj Chopra won the gold medal in the Savo Games in Finland
STATIC GK NOTE DOWN POINTS
Chairperson of IWAI: Nutan Guha Biswas.
- World Junior Squash Championships 2018 director: Cyrus Poncha.
- Governor of Rajasthan: Kalyan Singh.
- CEO of NITI Aayog : Amitabh kant.
- Vice-chairman of NITI Aayog : Rajiv Kumar.
- Field medal is awarded in the field of Mathematics and awarded in the gap of four years.
- Chief of Integrated Defence Staff: Lt Gen Satish Dua.
- Capital of France: Emanuel Macron.
- Joint Secretary, (Department of Economic Affairs), Finance Ministry-Sameer Kumar Khare.