Daily Current Affairs & GK Update 25 July 2018
In the Current Affairs & GK Update of 25 July 2018 we cover all important National,International,Financial,Sports news which are relevant for upcoming SBI PO,SBI Clerk,SSC,IBPS RRB exams.We at Achieversrule regularly provide One Liner Current Affairs and GK Updates to keep our candidates prepared for Current Affairs section of Banking,Insurance exams and current affairs exam.
- The Ministry of Women and Child Development has launched a contest, #Childline1098, inviting people to share images of the Childline 1098 logo that they spot at unique locations and send it with a tagline, to mark World Day against Trafficking in Persons on July 30.
- Ministry of Women and Child Development, Government of India has organized 2nd meeting of National Council on India’s Nutrition Challenges under POSHAN Abhiyaan on 24th July, 2018 in New Dehli under the Chairmanship of Vice Chairman, NITI Aayog.
- An Indian Air Force contingent landed at the Darwin Air Force Base in Australia on Tuesday to participate in a multinational air exercise "Exercise Pitch Black'.
- India and Uganda signed four MoUs in the areas of defence cooperation, visa exemption for official and diplomatic passport holders, cultural exchange programme and material testing laboratory.
- The 10th edition of BRICS Summit began in Johannesburg, South Africa on July 25, 2018. Attended by all the BRICS leaders, the BRICS Summit 2018 will be held from July 25 to July 27.the theme of this year's summit BRICS in Africa: Collaboration for inclusive growth and shared prosperity in the 4th Industrial Revolution'.
- Canadian author Michael Ondaatje has again made the Man Booker Prize long list with his latest novel “Warlight,” weeks after his book “The English Patient” was named the best work of fiction from the last five decades of the literary prize.
- Ondaatje’s “The English Patient,” which won the Booker in 1992, was named winner of the Golden Man Booker winner on July 8, a special award to mark the Booker’s 50th anniversary.
- Tata AIA Life Monday announced the appointment of Rishi Srivastava as the new Chief Executive Officer & Managing Director starting August 1, 2018, subject to regulatory approval.
- Sports Minister Rajyavardhan Singh Rathore announced that the rate of pension for sportspersons who have won medals in international competitions and have retired from active sports, has been doubled from April 1.
- As per the revised rates Olympic and Para Olympic medalists will get a su of Rs 20,000 per month each, while gold medalists at World cups and World Championships in Olympics and Asian games disciplines will receive Rs.16000 per month. Silver and Bronze medalists at World Cups and Asia Games disciplines will receive a sum of Rs. 14,000 per month.
- Lewis Hamilton took a sensational victory in a thrilling, rain-hit German Grand Prix as Ferrari's Sebastian Vettel crashed out to gift the Mercedes driver a 17-point lead in their championship battle.
STATIC GK NOTE DOWN POINTS
- Union Minister for Women and Child Development: Maneka Gandhi.
- BRICS founded in :June, 2006.
- First summit of BRICS held in :June 2009 in Yekaterinburg, Russia.
- Name of the President of Uganda: Yoweri Museveni.
- Capital of Uganda: Kampala.
- Currency of Uganda: Ugandan shilling.