Daily Current Affairs -2 July 2018
One Liner Daily Current Affairs - 2 July 2018 has a list of all the Latest New Headlines from the News Headlines of today which are all very important for the upcoming government examinations of Bank, Rail and SSC. We provide One Liner Daily Current Affairs on Daily Basis. Candidates are requested to go through each and every point thoroughly for better understanding and it will surely help you in Current affairs Section of any competitive exam.
- The state government of Maharashtra announces 'Kanya Van Samruddhi Yojana', wherein farmers families where girl children are born, will be given saplings for plantation.As per Government official around two lakh families in Maharashtra will benefit from these.
- Shri J P Nadda gives away the Pradhan Mantri Surakshit Matritva Abhiyan 'IPledgefor9' Achievers and MMR Reduction Awards.Meghalaya has received an award for maximum proportion of high risk beneficiaries identified under 'Pradhan Mantri Surakshit Matritva Abhiyan' (PMSMA) among the Northeastern states.
- Goods and Service Tax day is celebrated on 1st July,2018.This is the first anniversary of the of commencement of Goods and Service Tax in India.
- 9th meeting of EPG on Indo-Nepal relations concludes in Kathmandu. The Group is expected to submit a report to their respective governments soon. The EPG is a joint mechanism consisting experts and intellectuals from India and Nepal.
- Mumbai's Victorian Gothic and Art Deco buildings get UNESCO's world heritage tag.
- 9th heads of Mission Conference held in New Delhi.The conference was inaugurated by Union External Affairs Minister SushmaSwaraj.The theme of three-day annual conference was ‘Unprecedented Outreach: Unparalleled Outcomes’.
- The NITI Aayog today launched the first Delta ranking (incremental progress) for the Aspirational Districts, based on self-reported data of districts between March 31, 2018 to May 31, 2018, across five developmental areas of Health and Nutrition, Education, Agriculture and Water Resources, Financial Inclusion and Skill Development, and Basic Infrastructure.
- Government Notifies Electoral Bond Scheme 2018. As per provisions of the Scheme, Electoral Bonds may be purchased by a person, who is a citizen of India or incorporated or established in India.
- Madhya Pradesh will be awarded for reducing maternal mortality under Prime Minister's Safe Motherhood Campaign.
- India no longer a nation with world's largest poor population as per US based think tank Brookings. According to the study, Nigeria has already overtaken India as the country with the largest number of extreme poor in early 2018.
- Artist Anjolie Ela Menon conferred the Kalidas Award in recognition of her insightful and sensitive portrayal of the identity and spirit of women through her meaningful paintings in a variety of media.
- Janardan Singh Gehlot has been elected as the president of the International Kabaddi Federation (IKF) for the next four years.
- Rahul Dravid has become 5th Indian to be inducted in the ICC Hall of Fame 2018 during a ceremony held in Dublin,Ireland.
- Lee Chong Wei,the veteran Malaysian player has won the Malaysian Open Badminton Singles title for the record 12th time.
- Australia has won Hockey Champions Trophy at Breda ,Netherlands.Australia has won it for the record 15th time.
STATIC GK AND NOTE DOWN POINTS
- Chief Minister of Maharashtra : Devendra Fadnavis
- Chief Minister of Meghalaya : Conrad Sangma
- Capital of Meghalaya: Shillong
- Prime Minister of Nepal: Khadga Prasad Oli
- Capital of Nepal : Kathmandu
- Head Quarter of UNESCO : Paris
- Kalidas Samman : This is prestigious Arts award conferred by Government of Madhya Pradesh each year.
- India's External Affairs Minister : Sushma Swaraj.
- NITI AAYOG : An advisory body formed by resolution in Union Cabinet.
- ICC Headquarter : Dubai,the UAE.