Daily Current Affairs & GK Update 19 July 2018
Current Affairs & GK Update of 19 July 2018 we cover all important National,International,Financial,Sports news which are relevant for upcoming SBI PO,SBI Clerk,SSC,IBPS RRB exams.We at Achieversrule regularly provide One Liner Current Affairs and GK Updates to keep our candidates prepared for Current Affairs section of Banking,Insurance exams.The Static GK Note Down points which are provided, linked with Current Affairs Update and candidates are requested to study these points regularly because these points are frequently asked in different exams as static questions.
- The Union Cabinet chaired by the Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi has today approved the signing of Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) amongst BRICS Nations on the Regional Aviation Partnership Cooperation viz. Brazil, Russia, India, China and South Africa.
- External Affairs Minister (EAM) Sushma Swaraj will host the 10th edition of the Delhi Dialogue (DD X) here in the national capital from July 19 to July 20.The theme of this year's Delhi Dialogue X will be "Strengthening India-ASEAN Maritime Cooperation."
- Top security officials of India and the United States today resolved to enhance cooperation in areas like counter-terror, immigration and aviation security.
- The Cabinet today approved a special package for 81 irrigation projects worth over Rs 13,000 crore in Vidarbha, Marathwada and other chronically drought prone-areas in Maharashtra, with Water Resources Minister Nitin Gadkari terming it as an "out of the box" decision.
- The Lok Sabha on Wednesday passed a Bill to amend the Right to Education (RTE) Act to abolish the “no-detention” policy in schools. No student can be detained up to class VIII under current provisions of the Act.
- SBI organises Kisan Mela to educate farmers on financial literacy. In a major farmer outreach, Kisan Mela is being organised at SBIs rural and semi-urban branches across the country to impart financial literacy to farmers.
- The finance ministry on Tuesday approved an infusion of Rs 11,336 crore in five state-owned lenders including PNB, Corporation Bank and Andhra Bank to help them meet the regulatory capital requirement.This is the first ever capital infusion in the current fiscal and the remaining amount of Rs 53,664 crore would be disbursed during the course of the year.
- The European Union and Japan on Tuesday signed a "landmark" free trade deal that comes as Washington imposes new tariffs and threatens a trade war with China. The deal signed in Tokyo by the EU's top officials and Japan's Prime Minister Shinzo Abe is the biggest ever negotiated by the EU and creates a free trade zone covering nearly a third of the world's GDP.
- IOC adds 7 medal events to 2022 Beijing Winter Games program, creating a program of 109 Gold medals.The IOC says its executive board approved women’s monobob, Big Air freestyle skiing for men and women, plus mixed team events in short track speed skating, ski jumping, ski aerials and snowboard cross.
STATIC GK AND NOTW DOWN POINTS
- Capital of Japan: Tokyo.
- Currency of Japan:Japanese Yen.
- Prime Minister of Japan: Shinjo Abe.
- Union Finance Minister of India: Piyush Goyal.
- Union Water Resource Minister:Nitin Gadkari.