Current Affairs & GK Note-down points -5 July 2018
This One Liner Current Affairs and Gk Note down points consist of all important news updates that came in leading news dailies.This Current Affairs and Gk Note Down points are interlinked because if you analyse previous year questions of Current Affairs section you find that most of Static Gk questions asked in Current affairs are taken from the important Current Affairs .We at Achieversrule.com regularly provide Current Affairs update and Static Gk Note down points and candidates are requested to follow it regularly because this important news updates are important for upcoming SBI PO,SBI CLERK,IBPS RRB ,SSC exams.
- Narendra Modi led govt approves hike in MSP for Kharif crops.The Union government on Wednesday hiked the minimum support price for paddy by a record Rs 200 per quintal that will cost the exchequer over Rs 15,000 crore.The decision was taken by Cabinet Committee in Economic Affairs (CCEA).
- Reserve Bank of India has approved licence to 'Bank of China' to have its offices in India.'Bank of China' has become second bank from China to operate in the Country.
- Insolvency and Bankruptcy Board of India(IBBI)has notified the Insolvency and Bankruptcy Board of India (Insolvency Resolution Process for Corporate Persons) (Third Amendment) Regulations, 2018.
- Union Minister of Coal, Railways, Finance & Corporate Affairs, Shri Piyush Goyal launches the Coal Mine Surveillance & Management System (CMSMS) and ‘Khan Prahari’ App in New Delhi.Khan Prahari is a tool for reporting any activity taking place related to illegal coal mining like rat-hole mining, pilferage etc.
- National Bank for Agriculture and Rural Development(NABARD) sanctions over Rs 735 Cr for West Bengal for rural infrastructure projects under the Rural Infrastructure Development Fund (RIDF).
- The country’s first e-waste recycling unit will come up in Bangalore announced by Union Ministers of Chemicals and Fertilisers Ananth Kumar.
- Election Commission of India launches Mobile App “cVIGIL” to enable citizens to report on violation of election code of conduct.
- The Telangana government has inked an MoU with Singapore-based engineering & consulting firm Surbana Jurong for Genome Valley 2.0.
- United Nations Secretary-General Appoints Major General José Eladio Alcaín of Uruguay Head, Chief Military Observer for United Nations Military Observer Group in India and Pakistan(UNMOGIP).
- Uttam Dhillon, an Indian-origin lawyer serving in the White House, has been named the acting administrator of the drug enforcement administration (DEA), the agency that combats the smuggling and use of narcotics in the US.
- Payments Council of India appoints Vishwas Patel as its new chairman. It has also announced the appointment of Loney Antony, Managing Director, Hitachi Payment Services, as its new co-chairman.
- Tony Award Winner Liliane Montevecchi,the Paris borne dancer Dies at 85. Montevecchi is best known to Broadway audiences for her acclaimed appearances in two Maury Yeston-Tommy Tune collaborations: Nine and Grand Hotel.
STATIC GK AND NOTE DOWN POINTS
- Chairman of Cabinet Committee of Economic Affairs : Prime Minister of India Shri Narendra Modi.
- Secretary General of United Nations : António Guterres
- Capital of United States of America : Washington DC.
- Capital of Uruguay: Montevideo.
- Head Office of tabard : Mumbai
- Chief Election Commissioners of India: Om Prakash Rawat