Daily Current Affairs & GK Update 31 July 2018
In the Current Affairs & GK Update of 31 July 2018 we cover all important National,International,Financial,Sports news which are relevant for upcoming SBI PO,SBI Clerk,SSC,IBPS RRB exams.We at Achieversrule regularly provide One Liner Current Affairs and GK Updates to keep our candidates prepared for Current Affairs section of Banking,Insurance exams and current affairs exam.
- Chhattisgarh Chief Minister Raman Singh, along with National Award-winning actress Kangana Ranaut, on Monday launched a smartphone distribution scheme, 'Mobile Tihar', under the Sanchar Kranti Yojna (SKY).
- The United States has eased export controls for high technology product sales to India, granting it the same access as NATO allies, Australia, Japan and South Korea, U.S. Commerce Secretary Wilbur Ross said .United States has authorised grant strategic trade authorisation status STA1 to India.
- American and Spanish Scientists have announced their discovery of a new shape called the scutoid.While studying epithelial cells that form our skin and line our organs and blood vessels, researchers found this new "twisted prism" shape.The scutoid is defined by having six sides on one end, five on the other, and a triangular surface on one of the long edges.
- World Day against Trafficking in Persons is organized across the world by the United Nations on 30 July to Combat Trafficking in Persons, urging Governments worldwide to take coordinated and consistent measures to defeat this scourge. The theme for World Day against Trafficking in Persons is ‘Responding to the trafficking of children and young people’.
- Rajasthan will soon have its first ‘cow sanctuary’, a shelter for 10,000 bovines spread over an area of more than 220 hectares in Bikaner district. The state government on Friday signed a memorandum of understanding (MoU) with a private trust in this regard, during Chief Minister Vasundhara Raje’s visit to Bikaner.
- The first Nepal-India Think Tank Summit started in Kathmandu on Tuesday to foster greater collaboration and knowledge-sharing among the think tanks of the two countries.The summit is being jointly organized by the Asian Institute of Diplomacy and International Affairs and Nehru Memorial Museum Library.Former Prime Minister of Nepal and Co-chairman of ruling Communist Party of Nepal, Pushpa Kamal Dahal Prachanda is scheduled to inaugurate the summit.
- The Hongkong and Shanghai Banking Corporation (HSBC) on Monday announced the appointment of Surendra Rosha as Chief Executive Officer for HSBC India, subject to regulatory approvals.
- Oil-to-telecom conglomerate Reliance Industries Ltd (RIL) on Tuesday surpassed India’s biggest software services firm Tata Consultancy Services Ltd (TCS) to become the country’s most valued firm in terms of market capitalization—a first since April.RIL's market capitalisation during the day was Rs7.44 trillion as compared to TCS' Rs7.39 trillion.
- Sahitya Academy awardee Bengali writer Ramapada Chowdhury, who authored famous novels like Kharij, Bari Badle Jay and Abhimanyu, passed away at a city hospital on Sunday.
STATIC GK NOTE DOWN POINTS
- Chief Minister of Chattisgarh : Raman Singh
- Governor of Chattisgarh: Balram Das Tandon
- Capital of Chattisgarh : Raipur
- India is the only south asian country to feature in STA 1 category of United States.
- Recently deceased Ramapada Chowdhury won Sahitya Academy award for - 'Bari badly Jay' in 1988.
- Head Office of HSBC bank : London,United Kingdom.
- Chief Minister of Rajasthan : Vasundhara Raje.