Daily Current Affairs & GK Update 30 July 2018
In the Current Affairs & GK Update of 30 July 2018 we cover all important National,International,Financial,Sports news which are relevant for upcoming SBI PO,SBI Clerk,SSC,IBPS RRB exams.We at Achieversrule regularly provide One Liner Current Affairs and GK Updates to keep our candidates prepared for Current Affairs section of Banking,Insurance exams and current affairs exam.
- The state government of Meghalaya launched Meghalaya Milk Mission and First Meghalaya Bull Fair on Saturday to bridge the gap between demand and supply of milk.The mission will facilitate in achieving the Centre’s goal of doubling farmer’s income by 2022 through the promotion of milk business in the state.The amount sanctioned for the project is of Rs 215 crores through National Cooperative Development Corporation (NCDC).
- The government has decided to set up a high level empowered committee headed by cabinet secretary P K Sinha and representation from the ministries of railways, finance, power, coal and banks having major exposure to the power sector to revive stressed thermal power projects.
- The National Green Tribunal today formed a monitoring committee on the cleaning of the Yamuna and directed it to submit an action plan on the issue.The tribunal headed by National Green Tribunal (NGT) Chairperson A K Goel directed the committee to develop an action plan on the same and submit it by September 2018 and submit a detailed report on the issue by December 31, 2018. The green panel has appointed retired expert member B S Sajwan and former Delhi chief secretary Shailaja Chandra as members of the committee.
- Union Minister Dharmendra Pradhan today laid the foundation stone of the National Skill Training Institute (NSTI) for Women.At present, the NSTI operates out of a temporary campus in Rajpura.
- The Union Minister for Petroleum & Natural Gas and Skill Development &Entrepreneurship Dharmendra Pradhan launched India’s first in-phone guide and mobile application “Go whats That” in Chandigarh.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi today launched 81 projects worth Rs 60,000 crores in Uttar Pradesh's Lucknow. These projects were part of the 1,045 MoUs signed at the Uttar Pradesh Investors' Summit organised earlier this year.
- Global Tiger Day, often called International Tiger Day, is an annual celebration to raise awareness for tiger conservation, held annually on 29 July.
- The two day Unified Commanders’ Conference (UCC) for the year 2018 will be held on 30th & 31st Jul 2018 at New Delhi.The Conference will be conducted under the tutelage of Headquarters Integrated Defence Staff (HQ IDS) and will be attended by the Raksha Mantri, Rajya Raksha Mantri, National Security Advisor, the Chiefs of Army, Navy & Air Force and other Senior Military and Civil Officials of the Ministry of Defence and Tri-Service Organisations/Institutions.
- A city college student, Prabhat Koli (19), who crossed the English Channel when he was 16,has become first Asian to swim the choppy water from Jersey(an island in the UK) to France.The long distance sea swimmer covered 25 km in 6hours and 54 minutes.He started off from La Coupe Point of Jersey, behind St Catherine’s backwater and touched the shore of St Germain Plage on the Normandy coast of France.
- India's star wrestlers Bajrang Punia and Pinki won gold medals at the Yasar Dogu International in Istanbul, Turkey on Sunday.Sandeep Tomar had to settle for a silver.Indian wrestlers bagged 10 medals with women winning seven of those.
- Ace Indian shuttler Sourabh Verma today lifted the Russian Open Badminton trophy at Vladivostok.
STATIC GK NOTE-DOWN POINTS
- Union Minister of Agricultures and farmers Welfare: Radha Mohan Singh.
- Chief Minister of Meghalaya: Conrad Sangma
- Governor of Meghalaya: Ganga Prasad.
- Busiest shipping area in the world: English Channel.
- Capital of Turkey: Ankara.
- Currency of Turkey : Turkish Lira.
- Union minister for Petroleum and Natural Gas : Dharmendra Pradhan.
- First Global Tiger day celebrated in -2010 at Saint Petersburg,Russia.