Current Affairs & GK Note-Down 11 July 2018
This Current Affairs & Gk Note-Down point of 11 July 2018 provided with all important National,International,Financial,Sports news that are relevant for upcoming SBI PO,SBI Clerk,SSC,IBPS RRB exams.We at Achieversrule regularly provide One Liner Current Affairs and Gk Note Down points to keep our candidates prepared for Current Affairs section of Banking,Insurance exams.The GK Note Down points which are provided are linked with Current Affairs Update.
- Andhra Pradesh, with a score of 98.42 per cent, topped the 'Ease of Doing Business' ranking among states prepared by the World bank and Department of Industrial Policy and Promotion(DIPP).Telengana has slipped to second spot with a score of 98.33 percent.
- Satyarup Siddhanta has become the second Indian mountaineer after Malli Mastan Babu to climb Mt Ojos del Salado, the highest volcano in the world.
- Microsoft signs MoU with Rajasthan government for digital training to 9,500 students.The initiative was taken for the enhancement of digital learning and capacity building of college students in the state, higher education minister Kiran Maheshwari said on the MoU signing.
- Shri M. Venkaiah Naidu becomes first Chairman of Rajya Sabha to sign an MOU. Rajya Sabha has, for the first time in 76 years since it came into being, entered into a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) with a foreign counterpart for promoting inter-parliamentary dialogue.the MOU is signed with visiting President of the Senate of the Republic of Rwanda,Mr. Bernard Makuza.
- In a bid to improve the rankings of the Indian institutes globally, the Human Resource Development Ministry on Monday announced the name of six universities which have been selected for the Institute of Eminence status. Out of six, three are in the public sector and the remaining in the private sector .Notably, a university proposed by Reliance Foundation named 'Jio Institute' is included in the 'Institute of eminence Status'.
- Department of Telecom conditionally approves Idea-Vodafone merger deal.Upon merger it will become the largest telecom entity in India.
- In a bid to capture lost traffic and to enhance its freight revenue through new delivery model for domestic cargo, Indian Railways has introduced Double Stack Dwarf Container Services. The freight train was flagged off recently from Western Railway’s Rajkot railway station on its maiden commercial run.
- India’s first private sector unit for manufacturing unmanned air vehicles (UAV) and light bullet proof vehicles (LBPV) will be set up by DCM Shriram Industries Group on the campus of Shriram Rayons in Kota.
- The Global Innovation Index (GII) has ranked India as the 57th most innovative nation in the world improving it's rank from 60 in 2017.
- The team from the Australian National University (ANU) discovered the oldest colours in the geological record.The historic hue – which is 1.1 billion years old and was found in rocks deep beneath the Sahara desert – has been described as bright pink.
- YouTube Launches Initiative to Fight Fake News, Pledges $25 Million to Support News Organisations and and also detailed new features intended to flag misinformation and highlight authoritative news sources.
- India-Korea Tech exchange centre inaugurated to boost MSME segment in New Delhi.The National Small Industries Corporation (NSIC) and South Korean Small and Medium Business Corporation (SMC) on Tuesday inaugurated the India-Korea Technology Exchange Centre in an effort to boost bilateral cooperation between the two countries in the Micro, Medium and Small Enterprises (MSME) segment.
- World Bank says India beat France to become sixth largest economy(in Nominal GDP figures), having muscled past France.India is expected to grow at 7.4 per cent in 2018.
- The world population day celebrated on 11th July 2018 is a United Nations Initiative to raise the awareness of increasing population day to day.The theme for 2018 is "Family Planning is Human Right".
STATIC GK AND NOTE DOWN POINTS
- Mt Ojos del Saladado: It is a stratovolcano in the Andes and the highest active volcano in the world 6,893 metres.
- CEO of Microsoft : Satya Nadella
- Head Office of Microsoft : Washington DC.
- Headquarter of World bank : Washington,D.C,United States.
- President of the World bank : Jim Young Kim.
- Vice President of India: Mr. Venkaiah Naidu.
- Chairman of Rajyasabha: Incumbent Vice- President Venkaiah Naidu.
- Minister of State (independent charge) for Communications: Mr. Manoj Sinha.
- Global innovation index: It is co-published by Cornell University, INSEAD, and the World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO, an agency of the United Nations
- Ease of Doing Business: An index released by World bank.
MONTHLY CURRENT AFFAIRS MCQ JUNE 2018
MONTHLY CURRENT AFFAIRS "IN-SHORTS"