Daily Current Affairs & GK Update 18 July 2018
Current Affairs & GK Update of 18 July 2018 we cover all important National,International,Financial,Sports news which are relevant for upcoming SBI PO,SBI Clerk,SSC,IBPS RRB exams.We at Achieversrule regularly provide One Liner Current Affairs and GK Updates to keep our candidates prepared for Current Affairs section of Banking,Insurance exams.The Static GK Note Down points which are provided, linked with Current Affairs Update and candidates are requested to study these points regularly because these points are frequently asked in different exams as static questions.
- Union Minister Dharmendra Pradhan on Monday laid the foundation stone of India's first National Skill Training Institute (NSTI).The proposed institute will impart training to trainers and create a skill-based ecosystem to meet the industry demands.
- IIT Madras has launched “world’s first” remotely operatable microscope that would enable a precise atom-by-atom view of a material.
- Government has decided to set up a committee under the Chairmanship of Shri Anil Swarup, former Secretary, School Education, with suitable representations from NCC, M/o Youth Affairs and Ministry of HRD to suggest measures to strengthen National Cadet Corps (NCC) and National Service Scheme (NSS).
Importance of the day '18th July':
- Nelson Mandela International Day 2018 is observed internationally 18th July marking 100 year's of birth of the great leader Nelson Mandela.The theme of this year's Mandela day is "Action against Poverty'.
- In November 2009 in recognition of former South African PresidentNelson Mandela declare 18 July 2018 as "Nelson Manela International Day".
- PhonePe, the digital payments arm of homegrown e-commerce major Flipkart, on Monday announced the acquisition of Zopper Retail, a Point of Sale software-as-a-service (SaaS) platform, for an undisclosed amount as it looks to augment its offline presence.
- The ministry of steel on Tuesday said it has agreed to a proposal to introduce a pension scheme for employees of all steel public sector undertakings - union members as well as officers, which would benefit over 94,000 serving and 56,000 retired employees.
- Defence public sector undertaking BEL has signed a memorandum of understanding (MoU) with Saab, Sweden, recently for jointly marketing the L-Band 3D Air Surveillance Radar, RAWL-03, co-developed by BEL and Saab.
- An agreement was today signed between IIT Delhi and the All India Institute of Ayurveda (AIIA) under which projects would be launched that would aim to give “scientific validation” to the ancient medical science and integrate it with technology.
- Olympic silver medallist PV Sindhu's title drought this year continued as she suffered a straight-game defeat against Japan's Nozomi Okuhara in the summit clash of the $ 350,000 Thailand Open World Tour Super 500 badminton tournament.
- In Thailand Open World Tour Super 500 badminton tournament Kanta Tsuneyama (Japan) was the winner and Tommy Sugiarto (Indonesia) was runner up in men's singles.
- Neeraj Chopra, India's javelin star, struck Gold in the Meeting International de Sotteville-les-Rouen in France.
- Wrestling Federation of India (WFI) president Brij Bhushan Saran Singh is set to be named the Chef de Mission of the Asian Games-bound Indian contingent.
STATIC GK NOTE DOWN POINTS
- Chairman and Managing Director of BEL : Mr. M V Gowtama.
- BEL:Bharat Electronics Limited.
- Head Office of BEL: Bengaluru.
- Union Minister of Steel of India:Chaudhury Birendra Singh.
- Capital of Thailand: Bangkok.
- Currency of Thailand: Baht.
- Best throw of India's star Javeline thrower Neeraj Chopra : 85.17 metres
- Host cities of 2018 Asian games 2018: Jakarta and Palemberg.