Daily Current Affairs & GK Update 27 July 2018
In the Current Affairs & GK Update of 27 July 2018 we cover all important National,International,Financial,Sports news which are relevant for upcoming SBI PO,SBI Clerk,SSC,IBPS RRB exams.We at Achieversrule regularly provide One Liner Current Affairs and GK Updates to keep our candidates prepared for Current Affairs section of Banking,Insurance exams and current affairs exam.
- Parliament passes the Fugitive Economic Offenders Bill 2018; Properties of Economic offenders who flee the country will be siezed; Special fast track courts to settle cases exceeding 100 crore in quick time.
- Odisha Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik today inaugurated the Rs 300 crore Rukura Medium Irrigation Dam project in Sundargarh district.
- West Bengal Assembly Passes Resolution to Rename West Bengal 'Bangla',but the process for final approval will be long drawn requiring an amendment to the constitution.
- The heads of state and government of all five BRICS nations including Brazil, Russia, India, China and South Africa convened for the 10th BRICS Summit from July 25-27, 2018 in Johannesburg, South Africa.The summit saw the BRICS leaders come together and discuss various international and regional issues of common concern and adopted the 'Johannesburg Declaration' by consensus. The declaration reaffirms principles of democracy, inclusiveness and agrees to fight unilateralism and protectionism.
- HCL Technologies Ltd surpassed Wipro Ltd to become India’s third biggest software services firm in the three months to 30 June, marking the first change in the pecking order of the country’s $167 billion information technology (IT) outsourcing industry in six years.
- Four Indian-Origin Youngsters ranked in Fortune’s Most Influential People in Business.They are 1.Dhivya Suryadevara,CEO General Motors 2. Anjali Sud ,CEO of Vimeo 3.Baiju Bhatt,Co-founder of Robinhood 4.AnuDuggal,Female Founders Fund.
- Karnataka pips T.N. to become top State in renewable energy.With 27% of its power generation coming from renewable energy, Karnataka has emerged the leading State for renewable energy in India this year, pipping Tamil Nadu.According to a new report by the Institute for Energy Economics and Financial Analysis (IEEFA), the State reached 12.3 gigawatts (GW) of total installed capacity as of March 2018, having added 5 GW in 2017-18 alone.
- Insurance regulator IRDAI has constituted a 16-member committee to examine motor third party insurance pricing aspects and make recommendations on the premium rates for 2019-20.This is for the first time the Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority of India has formed such a committee, an official familiar with the development said.
- The Indian women's compound archery team reached the pinnacle of world rankings for the first time in history, according to the latest rankings, just ahead of the Asian Games.
STATIC GK NOTE DOWN POINTS
- 2018 Asian Games will be host in : Indonesia.
- The two cities which host 2018 Asian Games: Jakarta and Palembang.
- Chairman of IRDAI: Subhash Chandra Khuntia.
- Head-office of IRDAI: Hyderabad.
- IRDAI:Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority of India.
- Chief Minister of Karnataka: HD Kumarswamy.
- Governor of Karnataka: Vajubhai Vala.