Current Affairs & GK Note-Down- 12 July 2018
In today's Current Affairs & Gk Note-Down point of 12 July 2018 we cover all important National,International,Financial,Sports news that are relevant for upcoming SBI PO,SBI Clerk,SSC,IBPS RRB exams.We at Achieversrule regularly provide One Liner Current Affairs and Gk Note Down points to keep our candidates prepared for Current Affairs section of Banking,Insurance exams.The GK Note Down points which are provided are linked with Current Affairs Update and candidates are requested to study these points regularly because these points are frequently asked in different exams.
- PM Modi inaugurates New Headquarters Building of Archaeological Survey of India in New Delhi.
- India and the United Kingdom signed an agreement on exchange of experience by legal professionals and government functionaries for resolution of disputes before various courts and tribunals.The agreement was signed by Law Minister Ravi Shankar Prasad and UK's Secretary of State for Justice David Gauke in London during the former's visit this week.
- State-run telecom firm BSNL unveiled first internet telephony service in the country that will allow users to dial any telephone number in India through its mobile app Wings’. Now BSNL customers will be able to make calls using the company’s mobile app Wings to any phone number in the country.
- The Minister of State (I/C) for Tourism, Shri. K. J. Alphons announced that the Tourism Ministry in partnership with the Federation of Associations in Indian Tourism and Hospitality (FAITH) and with the support of State /UT Governments will organize the ‘first ever’ India Tourism Mart (ITM) from 16th to 18th September, 2018 at Vigyan Bhawan, New Delhi.
- Gujarat Chief Minister Vijay Rupani has given in-principle approval for the 39-crore rupees ‘Seema Darshan’ project for developing more infrastructure facilities from T-Junction to Zero Point at Nadabet near Suigam in Banaskantha district to instil patriotism through a unique Gujarat initiative for border tourism.
- The Food Safety and Standards Authority of India (FSSAI) is launching an “Eat Right Movement” with a view to get industry on board for implementation of draft resolution.
- UN Security Council adopts resolution to protect children in armed conflict. Resolution 2427, which won unanimous approval of the 15 members of the council, strongly condemns the recruitment and use of children by parties to armed conflict as well as their recruitment, killing and maiming, rape and other forms of sexual violence, and abductions.
- Two Indian-Origin Persons On Forbes List Of US' Richest Self-Made Women.Ullal is ranked 18th in the list of 60 self-made women, having a net worth of $1.3 billion while Sethi is ranked 21st with a net worth of $1 billion.
- Kylie Jenner, who at not even 21 years old has topped the Forbes List of US Richest Self-made women.She has built a $900 million cosmetics fortune with virtually no employees or capital. Kylie Cosmetics launched two years ago and has since sold more than $630 million worth of makeup.
- India formally becomes shareholder of European development bank becomes 69th Shareholder Of European Bank For Reconstruction & Development(EBRD). The Indian government had applied for EBRD membership in December 2017. The EBRD board of governors, which represents all the existing shareholders, voted unanimously in favour of the country's application in March 2018, with the entire membership process completed this week.
- India finished joint-third with Iran at Archery Asia Cup Stage 3 in Taipei, bag three silver medals and one bronze.
- Spiritual leader Dada Vaswani passes away at the age of 99 in Pune.He was chief of Sadhu Vaswani Mission in Pune that is named after his uncle TL Vaswani.
STATIC GK NOTE-DOWN POINTS
- Union Law Minister : Ravi Shankar Prasad.
- European Bank For Reconstruction & Development Head Office : London.
- President of European Bank For Reconstruction & Development: Sir Suma Chakrabarti
- The Minister of State (I/C) for Tourism : Shri. K. J. Alphons.
- Chief Minister of Gujarat : Vijay Rupani.
- Capital of Gujarat : Gandhinagar.