Daily Current Affairs & GK Update 20 July 2018
Current Affairs & GK Update of 20 July 2018 we cover all important National,International,Financial,Sports news which are relevant for upcoming SBI PO,SBI Clerk,SSC,IBPS RRB exams.We at Achieversrule regularly provide One Liner Current Affairs and GK Updates to keep our candidates prepared for Current Affairs section of Banking,Insurance exams.
- The board of ONGCNSE -2.35 % has approved exiting helicopter service provider Pawan Hans by selling its entire 49 per cent stake as it looks to cut debt and consolidate resources in core oil and gas business, officials with direct knowledge of the development said.
- Chhattisgarh Chief Minister Dr. Raman Singh launched an online portal and mobile app called 'Aabhaar-Aapki seva ka' by the online pension management system for the pensioners of the state.
- India and Japan held the fourth round of Maritime Affairs Dialogue here during which key issues related to the Indo-Pacific region and maritime security were discussed, the Ministry of External Affairs.
- Myanmar on Thursday joined the India-initiated International Solar Alliance (ISA), becoming the 68th member of the grouping that is aiming at optimum utilisation of solar energy.
- India and Ghanasigned two agreements in an effort to enhance the bilateral cooperation between the two countries.
- The Infosys Foundation on Thursday signed an MoU with the Bangalore Metro Rail Corporation Limited (BMRCL) to build a metro station at Electronic City and maintain it for a period of 30 years. The Foundation is spending close to Rs. 200 crore to build the station at Konappana Agrahara, according to statement.
- An agreement was signed on Tuesday, i.e., July 17 between IIT Delhi and the All India Institute of Ayurveda (AIIA) under which projects would be launched that would aim to give 'scientific validation' to the ancient medical science and integrate it with technology.
- Repco Micro Finance Ltd, a non-banking finance company promoted by Repco Bank, received Nabard 2018 award for its service to self-help group (SHG) linkage in Tamil Nadu for the fiscal year 2017-18. Since its inception, the NBFC has disbursed loans amounting to ₹2,500 crore to over 10 lakh beneficiaries through 50,000 SHGs, a company press release said.
- India to host two plus two dialogue with US in September on bilateral, regional & global issues. Minister of External Affairs Sushma Swaraj and Defence Minister Nirmala Sitharaman will host the US Secretary of State Michael R. Pompeo and US Secretary of Defence James Mattis, in New Delhi on 6th September this year for the inaugural 22 dialogue.
- The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) will shortly issue Rs 100 denomination banknotes in the Mahatma Gandhi (New) Series. The central bank said all the notes in the earlier Rs 100 series will continue to be legal tender.Unlike the green-coloured notes issued earlier, the new denomination notes will be lavender colour bearing the motif of 'Rani Ki Vav', which is a stepwell located in Gujarat.
- Amazon.com’s (AMZN.O) stock market value reached $900 billion on Wednesday for the first time, marking a major milestone in its 21-year trajectory as a publicly listed company and threatening to dislodge Apple (AAPL.O) as Wall Street’s most valuable jewel.
- Famous Hindi poet Gopal Das Neeraj passed away on Thursday evening at the AIIMS trauma centre, his family said. He was 93.
STATIC GK NOTE DOWN POINTS
- CEO of Amazon : Jeff Bezos
- Present Governor of Reserve Bank of India: Urjit Patel.
- The Reserve Bank of India was set up on the basis of Hilton Young Commission.
- Reserve Bank of India commenced its operation from: 1st April,1935.
- Union Minister of Defence : Nirmala Sitharaman.
- Chief Minister of Chattisgarh : Dr. Raman Singh.
- Capital of Chattisgarh:Raipur.