Current Affairs & GK Note-Down- 13 July 2018
In today's Current Affairs & Gk Note-Down point of 13 July 2018 we cover all important National,International,Financial,Sports news that are relevant for upcoming SBI PO,SBI Clerk,SSC,IBPS RRB exams.We at Achieversrule regularly provide One Liner Current Affairs and Gk Note Down points to keep our candidates prepared for Current Affairs section of Banking,Insurance exams.The GK Note Down points which are provided linked with Current Affairs Update and candidates are requested to study these points regularly because these points are frequently asked in different exams as static questions.
- India Approves New Net Neutrality Rules, Signs off on New Telecom Policy. Eight months after India’s telecom regulator came out swinging heavily in favour of the principle of net neutrality, the department of telecommunications (DoT) has finally agreed to adopt the same.
- The Railways has launched its first consolidated Bridge Management System, a web-enabled IT application to store data on its one lakh 50 thousand bridges.Railways Minister Piyush Goyal launched the service in New Delhi yesterday for "meaningful assimilation, analysis and dissemination of information related to various activities" about its bridges.
- The Vice President of India and the President of ICWA, Shri M. Venkaiah Naidu has appointed Dr. T.C.A. Raghavan (IFS: 1982) as the Director General, ex officio Member-Secretary of the Council, ICWA.
- Airtel Payments Bank Ltd has received requisite approvals from the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) and the Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI) to start onboarding customers using Aadhaar based e-KYC (know your customer), the bank said on Thursday.
- In order to address the concerns arising out of the anonymity and to prevent money laundering, the Reserve Bank has now made it compulsory to incorporate the purchaser’s name on the face of demand draft, pay order, banker’s cheques and other instruments.
- Signalling a worsening macro-economic development Data released by the statistics department showed the index of industrial production (IIP) grew at 3.2% in May compared with a revised 4.8% growth a month ago while Consumer Price Index (CPI) based inflation accelerated by 5% in June against 4.87% in the preceding month.
- The Indian Army on signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with the State Bank of India on defence salary package.
- HDFC securities announced the launch of Mutual Funds transactional capabilities on Facebook Messenger through their virtual assistant, Arya.A subsidiary of HDFC Bank, HDFC securities rolled out a theme called “The Pace of Innovation” which is structured to innovate and provide intuitive and relevant digital solutions to customers and this effort, is in line with the vision.
- NABARD celebrated its 37th Foundation Day on 12 July,2018 by launching a campaign 'Micro Enterprise Development in Farm Sector' in Kerala at four districts on pilot basis including Alappuzha, Idukki, Thrissur and Wayanad.
- India's Industrial Production (IIP) declined to a seven-month low of 3.2 per cent in May as compared to 4.8 per cent in April, mainly due to slow manufacturing activity and sluggish performance of power sectors, and the FMCG sector.
- To reduce the long-pending grievances of taxpayers and to minimise tax litigations, the government decided to increase the threshold monetary limits for filing appeals in appellate tribunals, high courts and the Supreme Court to Rs 20 lakh, Rs 50 lakh and Rs 1 crore, respectively.
- Hima Das Creates History! Bags Gold at IAAF U20 World Championship.She has become the first Indian woman to win an international gold in athletics.
STATIC GK NOTE-DOWN POINTS
- The Chief of Army Staff: General Bipin Rawat.
- India's largest private bank by market capitalisation : HDFC Bank.
- Headquarter of HDFC : Mumbai.
- Chairman of HDFC : Aditya Puri.
- HDFC came into the category of 'too big to fall'.the another bank which is inthis list is India's largest Private sector lendor State bank of India.
- Chairman of NABARD : Harsh Kumar Bhanwala.