Current Affairs & GK Note-down point 16 July 2018
Current Affairs & Gk Note-Down point of 16 July 2018 we cover all important National,International,Financial,Sports news of 15th and 16th July 2018 which are relevant for upcoming SBI PO,SBI Clerk,SSC,IBPS RRB exams.We at Achieversrule regularly provide One Liner Current Affairs and Gk Note Down points to keep our candidates prepared for Current Affairs section of Banking,Insurance exams.The GK Note Down points which are provided linked with Current Affairs Update and candidates are requested to study these points regularly because these points are frequently asked in different exams as static questions.
- The Ministry of Corporate Affairs (MCA)set up a 10 Member Committee, headed by the Secretary of Ministry of Corporate Affairs, for review of the penal provisions in the Companies Act, 2013 may be to examine de-criminalisation of certain offences.
- The Prime Minister, Shri Narendra Modi, today inaugurated, or laid the foundation stone of important projects, cumulatively worth over Rs. 900 crore, in Varanasi.Among the projects inaugurated are the Varanasi City Gas Distribution Project, and the Varanasi-Ballia MEMU train.
- India has become the vice chair (regional head) of the Asia Pacific region of World Customs Organisation (WCO) for a period of two years, from July 2018 to June 2020.The underlying Theme of the Inaugural Ceremony is “Customs – Fostering Trade Facilitation”.The Asia Pacific region forms one of the six divisions of the WCO, each of which is represented by a regionally elected vice-chairperson to the WCO Council.
- To ease visa restrictions for citizens, India and Bangladesh signed a revised travel agreement today.The agreement was signed between the two countries in Dhaka in presence of visiting Home Minister Rajnath Singh and his counterpart Asaduzzaman Khan. Mr Singh is on a three-day visit to Bangladesh. Under the Revised Travel Arrangement (RTA)-2018, freedom fighters and elderly Bangladeshi nationals will get five year multiple visa from India.
- External Affairs Minister Sushma Swaraj co-chairs the second joint commission meeting with her Bahraini counterpart ; Issues of trade, investment and counter-terror cooperation discussed at the joint commission meeting.
- The BrahMos supersonic cruise missile was successfully test-fired from an Integrated Test Range (ITR) in Odisha's coastal Chandipur district. The test was carried out under extreme conditions at around 10.18 am earlier today.
- Union minister for electronics and IT and law and justice Ravi Shankar Prasad unveiled the Goa IT Policy 2018 at the Inox complex in Panaji on Sunday afternoon on the final day of Goa IT Day celebrations. Goa chief minister Manohar Parrikar was also present on the occasion.
- ISRO on Sunday said it successfully conducted a ground test of its high thrust version of the Vikas Engine that would improve the payload capability of the space agency's launch vehicles.
- The University of Houston has signed a memorandum of understanding (MoU) with the Indian Institute of Petroleum and Energy (IIPE) to build scientific and technical knowledge through joint research.
- Donald Trump and Vladimir Putin to hold first summit talks in Finland.Trump's meeting with Putin comes days after a federal grant jury indicated 12 Russian intelligence officials on charges of hacking the servers of the Democratic National Committee.
- Prominent Carnatic vocalist Aruna Sairam has been selected for this year’s Sangita Kalanidhi Award, instituted by the Music Academy, Chennai.
- Angelique Kerber beats seven-time champion Serena Williams 6-3, 6-3 to win her maiden Wimbledon title. It is the third Grand Slam title of Kerber's career, adding to her Australian and U.S. Open triumphs in 2016.
- France won the World Cup for the second time in spectacular style on Sunday as a 4-2 victory in one of the most entertaining and action-packed finals for decades ended battling outsiders Croatia's dreams of a first title.
STATIC GK NOTE DOWN POINTS
- Oldest tennis tournament in the world: the Wimbledon.
- Wimbledon held in : London,United kingdom.
- Capital of Finland : Helsinki.
- Currency of Finland:Euro.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi's constituency : Varanasi, Uttar Pradesh.
- President of Host Finland : Sauli Niinisto.
- The French player who won World Cup as a coach and player and become the third player to do this : Didier Deschamps.