One Liner GK Current Affairs - 4th June 2018
The present One Liner GK Current Affairs - 4th June 2018 incorporates a portion of the Latest New Topics all given in single sentences. We get just those news which are vital for the Competitive Examinations like IBPS PO, IBPS CLERK, SSC CGL, SSC CHSL and other Railway or Private Examinations. Toward the finish of the article we convey to our perusers an arrangement of GK Pointers which depend on the given CA themes and regard support your insight. We trust hopefuls will discover this article extremely accommodating. For all the more such articles continue going by our site.
New Appointments: National
- With the government unable to appoint a successor to DRDO chief S Christopher, defence secretary Sanjay Mitra has been given additional charge of the organization for three months.
Rankings & Indexes
- India has improved its ranking in the world childhood index but stays at a poor 113th position -- up from 116 in 2017 -- in the list of 175 countries indexed by global child rights group, Save the Children.
- Air Chief Marshal Birender Singh Dhanoa, Chief of the Air Staff, Indian Air Force is embarking on a four day official visit to Brazil form 04 to 07 Jun 2018.
- India to Develop Asia's First 13 'Blue Flag' Beaches where the Blue Flag beach standards were established by Copenhagen-based Foundation for Environmental Education (FEE) in 1985.
- India will import its first ever cargo of LNG from Russia under a long-term deal as the world's fourth-largest buyer of liquefied natural gas (LNG) diversifies its import basket to meet its vast energy needs.
Defence & Railway News
- Making a breakthrough in missile technology, India successfully carried out the flight test of Solid Fuel Ducted Ramjet (SFDR) propulsion based missile.
- India on Sunday successfully test-fired its indigenously developed nuclear capable long range ballistic missile Agni-5 with a strike range of 5,000 km from Dr Abdul Kalam Island off the Odisha coast.
Schemes / Programme
- Ministry of Culture has launched "Seva Bhoj Yojana" to reduce the financial burden of Charitable Religious Institutions.
- Odisha government launched a health insurance scheme "Gopabandhu Sambadika Swasthya Bima Yojana" for working journalists in the state
Agreements/ MoUs Signed
- The Environment Ministry has signed an MoU with TERI for setting up a resource efficiency cell.
Other Sports & Award Related News
The ICC included Nepal, Netherlands, Scotland and the UAE in their ODI rankings list apart from the 12 existing countries.
STATIC GK AND NOTE DOWN POINTS
- Brazil Capital: Brasília
- Brazil Currency: Brazilian real
- LNG: liquefied natural gas
- Odisha Capital: Bhubaneswar
- Odisha Chief minister: Naveen Patnaik
- Nepal Capital: Kathmandu
- Nepal Prime minister: Khadga Prasad Oli
- Nepal Currency: Nepalese rupee
- Nepal President: Bidhya Devi Bhandari
- Scotland Capital: Edinburgh
- Scotland National animal: Unicorn
- Scotland Currency: Pound sterling
- UAE Capital: Abu Dhabi
- UAE Currency: United Arab Emirates dirham