One Liner GK Current Affairs - 3rd June 2018
The present One Liner GK Current Affairs: 3rd June 2018 has all the essential and Latest News Headlines cleared up in single sentences which are basic for the inevitable Competitive Examinations like IBPS PO, IBPS CLERK, SSC CGL, SSC CHSL and Railway. We have in like manner fused a part of the GK Pointers toward the complete of the article in Static GK and Note Down Points. We trust contenders will find this to a great degree astoundingly pleasing in their course of action.
Committees in News
- Three days after the Karnataka Assembly election results and three months after the Supreme Court’s order, the Union government issued a notification for the Cauvery Water Management Authority (CWMA).
- The government set up an executive committee (EC) under the chairpersonship of Prime Minister Narendra Modi to "spread Mahatma Gandhi's legacy" among the people at the national and international level.
Banking, Economic & Financial Affairs
- Retail inflation for industrial workers eased to 3.97 per cent in April mainly due lower prices of food items.
- HDFC Bank has once again been recognized with the Champion Security Award at the 14th Visa Asia Pacific Security Summit.
- Union Minister for Women and Child Development Maneka Gandhi laid the foundation stone of an advanced DNA forensic laboratory here as part efforts to reduce the backlog of cases needing advanced forensic analysis.
- External Affairs Minister Sushma Swaraj on her way to South Africa made a transit halt in Mauritius where she met the Prime Minister of the island nation, Pravind Kumar Jugnauth.
- India’s first national sports university "National Sports University Ordinance, 2018" to be set up in Manipur
- NTPC Ltd has adopted the iconic Charminar in Hyderabad under the Swachh Iconic Places Projects of India, a special drive under the Centre's Swachh Bharat Mission.
- Giuseppe Conte was sworn in as prime minister of Italy's new populist government (June 1) after a last-ditch coalition deal ended months of political deadlock and narrowly avoided snap elections in the eurozone's third largest economy.
- Egyptian President Abdel Fattah al-Sisi was sworn in on for a second four-year term in office as the country faces major economic and security challenges.
Schemes / Programme
- The Union Ministry of Culture introduced a new scheme called ‘Seva Bhoj Yojna’ to reimburse the central share of CGST and IGST on items for food/prasad/langar/bhandara offered free of cost by charitable religious institutions.
- The Income Tax Department has issued a new reward scheme titled “Benami Transactions Informants Reward Scheme, 2018” to seek people’s participation in the Income Tax Department’s efforts to unearth black money and to reduce tax evasion.
- The India Meteorological Department (IMD) launched a new Ensemble Prediction Systems (EPS) to provide probabilistic weather forecasts up to the next 10 days.
Agreements/ MoUs Signed
- India and Singapore today agreed to deepen their economic and defence ties as they signed eight agreements including one on logistics cooperation between their navies after wide-ranging talks between Prime Minister Narendra Modi and his counterpart Lee Hsien Loong.
- India signs mutual recognition agreement in nursing with Singapore.
- Cochin Shipyard Ltd (CSL) said it has entered into an agreement with Kerala government to construct three marine ambulance for the state fisheries department.
Awards & Honours: Miscellaneous
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi handed over the Padma Shri award, one of India's highest civilian awards, to former Singaporean diplomat Tommy Koh
Other Sports & Award Related News
- The ICC included Nepal, Netherlands, Scotland and the UAE in their ODI rankings list apart from the 12 existing countries.
STATIC GK AND NOTE DOWN POINTS
- HDFC Bank CEO: Aditya Puri
- HDFC Bank Headquarters: Mumbai
- South Africa Capitals: Cape Town, Pretoria, Bloemfontein
- South Africa Currency: South African rand
- South Africa President: Cyril Ramaphosa
- Mauritius Capital: Port Louis
- Mauritius Currency: Mauritian rupee
- NTPC: National Thermal Power Corporation
- NTPC Headquarters: New Delhi, India
- Egypt President: Abdel Fattah el-Sisi
- Egypt Capital: Cairo
- Egypt Currency: Egyptian pound
- IMD: India Meteorological Department
- IMD Headquarters: New Delhi
- IMD Founder: Henry Francis Blanford
- Singapore Prime minister: Lee Hsien Loong
- Singapore Currency: Singapore dollar
- Nepal Capital: Kathmandu
- Nepal Prime minister: Khadga Prasad Oli
- Nepal Currency: Nepalese rupee
- Nepal President: Bidhya Devi Bhandari
- Netherlands Capital: Amsterdam
- Scotland Capital: Edinburgh
- Scotland National animal: Unicorn
- Scotland Currency: Pound sterling
- UAE Capital: Abu Dhabi
- UAE Currency: United Arab Emirates dirham