One Liner Gk Current Affairs : 21st June 2018
One Liner Gk Current Affairs - 21st June 2018 has all the Latest News Headlines set apart in striking with the base points of interest given. Hopefuls can experience these on the off chance that they would prefer not to get associated with to much point by point depictions. These are imperative for the up and coming government examinations of Bank, Rail and SSC. Hopefuls ought to experience these consistently alongside the Current Affairs Quiz.
- World Music day is observed on 21st June
- International Day of Yoga is observed on 21st june
RBI in News
- RBI revises upwards housing loan limits under priority sector
Banking, Economic & Financial Affairs
- Markets regulator Sebi plans to revise the regulations for share buybacks wherein more clarity would be provided on various aspects, including on the requirement to make public announcements.
- State Bank of India (SBI) managing director Balasubramanyam Sriram has been appointed the managing director and chief executive officer of IDBI Bank for a period of three months.
Rankings & Indexes
- Shillong has been selected as the 100th city to receive funding under the Centre's flagship Smart Cities Mission after evaluation of the proposal submitted by it, the Housing and Urban Affairs ministry
- The Ayush Ministry said Vishwas Mandlik of Nashik and The Yoga Institute in Mumbai are the recipients of the Prime Minister's Award for outstanding contribution to promotion and development of yoga.
- Chief Economic Advisor Arvind Subramanian resigns due to personal reasons and will move to US
- Union Minister R K Singh has said the government will bring single solar bid of 1 lakh MW, which would also include storage and solar equipment manufacturing components.
- Haryana government has decided to give star rankings to its panchayats on the basis of seven social parameters under the state’s 7-Star Gram Panchayat Rainbow scheme.
- NITI Aayog has ranked Rajasthan at first place among states in water conversation as it registered a significant increase in the level of groundwater.
- Algeria has turned off its internet nationwide during high school exams in a bid to tackle cheating.
- Amazon founder and CEO Jeff Bezos has become the richest man in the world with a net wealth of $141.9 billion, the Forbes World's Billionaires list showed on 18 June.
Science & Technology
- Microsoft acquires education start-up Flipgrid in latest challenge to Google
Defence & Railway News
- The tri-service joint Russia-India military exercise Indra-2018 will take place in an Indian military base in the second half of this year.
Books & Authors
- The Vice President of India, Shri M. Venkaiah Naidu has received the book "Vedvigyan Alok" (Maharishi Aitareya Mahidas Praneet - Aitareya Brahmina ki Vaigyanik Vyakhya) authored by Acharya Agnivarat Naishthik, here today. The book is divided into four broad volumes.
- Sikkim govt announces A.R. Rahman as its Brand Ambassador
Schemes / Programme
- ‘Adopt a Heritage’ scheme is for development, maintenance and operation of Tourism amenities in monuments
Agreements/ MoUs Signed
- India and Tajikistan have reaffirmed their commitment to promote bilateral relations and agreed to enhance economic cooperation, particularly in sustainable water development.
- Eminent Indian-American surgeon, writer and public health innovator Atul Gawande has been named as the CEO of a new US employee health care company, a joint venture between Amazon.
- President Trump caved to enormous political pressure signed an executive order meant to end the separation of families at the border by detaining parents and children together for an indefinite period.
Summit /Conference / Events
- World’s first International Centre for Humanitarian Forensics launched in India
Awards & Honours: Miscellaneous
- Surat bags award for 'great momentum' in implementation of Smart City projects
Other Sports & Award Related News
- England made the highest total in women's Twenty20 internationals as they beat South Africa - only hours after the record was set by New Zealand.
STATIC GK AND NOTE DOWN POINTS
- RBI Governor: Urjit Patel
- RBI Bank rate: 6.25%
- RBI Interest on reserves: 4.00% (market determined)
- RBI Headquarters: Mumbai
- SEBI: Securities and Exchange Board of India
- SEBI Jurisdiction: India
- SEBI Headquarters: Mumbai
- SEBI Agency executive: Ajay Tyagi
- SBI Chairperson: Rajnish Kumar
- SBI Headquarters: Mumbai
- IDBI Bank Headquarters: Mumbai
- IDBI Bank CEO: Mahesh Kumar Jain
- USA President: Donald Trump
- USA Capital: Washington, D.C.
- NITI Aayog Jurisdiction: Government of India
- NITI Aayog Headquarters: New Delhi
- NITI Aayog Vice chairman: Rajiv Kumar
- Algeria Capital: Algiers
- Algeria Currency: Algerian dinar
- Amazon CEO: Jeff Bezos
- Microsoft CEO: Satya Nadella
- Microsoft Headquarters: United States
- Russia Capital: Moscow
- Russia Currency: Russian ruble
- Russia President: Vladimir Putin
- Sikkim Capital: Gangtok
- Sikkim Chief minister: Pawan Kumar Chamling
- Tajikistan Capital: Dushanbe
- Tajikistan Inter-ethnic language: Russian
- Tajikistan Currencies: Tajikistani somoni, Ruble
- South Africa Currency: South African rand
- South Africa Capitals: Cape Town, Pretoria, Bloemfontein
- South Africa President: Cyril Ramaphosa
- New Zealand Prime minister: Jacinda Ardern
- New Zealand Capital: Wellington
- New Zealand Currency: New Zealand dollar