One Liner GK Current Affairs - 19th June 2018
One Liner Gk Current Affairs - 19th June 2018 has all the Latest News Headlines marked in bold with the minimum details given. Aspirants can go through these if they do not want to get involved in to much detailed descriptions. These are very important for the upcoming government examinations of Bank, Rail and SSC. Aspirants should go through these regularly along with the Current Affairs Quiz.
- June 18 is celebrated as International Picnic Day as we celebrate one of the greatest ways to enjoy the summer season, an outdoor picnic with friends, family, games and activities, and delicious food.
New Appointments: International
- Iván Duque, the conservative political newcomer who was elected as Colombia's president on Sunday, says he wants to unite the Andean country.
Committees in News
- Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority (Irdai) announced the formation of a panel to review and consider new norms for insurance marketing firms.
Banking, Economic & Financial Affairs
- The Reserve Bank has eased investment norms for foreign portfolio investors (FPIs) in debt, especially into individual large corporates, a move that can help attract more overseas flows and thereby help arrest the recent fall in the rupee on one hand and also lift the recent fall in demand for corporate bonds.
- ICICI Bank announced the appointment of Sandeep Bakhshi as Chief Operating Officer and said CEO Chanda Kochhar would be on leave till completion of the internal enquiry against her in the Videocon loan matter.
- The World Bank has approved 700 million dollar to help Bangladesh achieve its education for all vision by improving the primary education sector.
- India is striving to become a 5 trillion dollar economy and the world’s third largest consumer market by 2025, President Ram Nath Kovind said he highlighted investment opportunities in the country.
- Xiaomi declined to disclose the quantum and value of the stake, which the Tata Group’s former chief has picked in his personal capacity.
- India's atomic power plant operator Nuclear Power Corporation of India Ltd (NPCIL) said its first 220 MW unit at Kaiga in Karnataka has set a new record of operating for 766 days continuously.
- The People Democratic Party's (PDP) Mehbooba Mufti submitted her resignation as Jammu and Kashmir chief minister to state governor N N Vohra.
- After science and mathematics Olympiad, the NCERT is set to organise the first ever 'Yoga Olympiad' for all government and government-aided schools students ahead of the International Yoga Day on June 21.
- Russia launched a Soyuz-2.1b carrier rocket from the Plesetsk space center to orbit a Glonass-M satellite.
- China's envoy to India Luo Zhaohui unveiled a four-point vision for future cooperation with India.
- The United States and South Korea have agreed to suspend a joint military exercise scheduled for August, South Korean and US officials said.
- Lieutenant General Aziz Ahmed has been appointed as the new Bangladesh Army Chief for the next three years.
Science & Technology
- Under collaborative arrangement, Google will use high resolution Digital Elevation Model and vast computational resources and Artificial Intelligence to generate flood inundation maps utilising the input provided by CW.
Defence & Railway News
- Additional Director General of the Coast Guard VSR Murthy commissioned the fifth in the series of the fast patrol vessels, ICGS Rashmoni, in Visakhapatnam.
- The indigenously upgraded artillery gun Dhanush has successfully completed final user trials and is ready for induction into the Army.
- Senior journalist Shujaat Bukhari was shot dead on evening outside his office in Srinagar in an audacious terror attack that has left the nation in shock
- Noted mimicry artist Nerella Venumadhav died hereafter a brief illness at his home in Mattewada in Warangal city.
STATIC GK AND NOTE DOWN POINTS
- Colombia President: Juan Manuel Santos
- Colombia Capital: Bogotá
- Colombia Currency: Colombian peso
- IRDAI: Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority
- IRDAI Headquarters: Hyderabad
- IRDAI Agency executive: Subhash Chandra Khuntia (Chairman)
- RBI Bank rate: 6.25%
- RBI Interest on reserves: 4.00%
- RBI Headquarters: Mumbai
- RBI Currency: Indian Rupee
- RBI Governor: Urjit Patel
- ICICI Bank CEO: Chanda Kochhar
- ICICI Bank Headquarters: Mumbai
- World Bank Headquarters: Washington, D.C., United States
- World Bank President: Jim Yong Kim
- World Bank CEO: Kristalina Georgieva
- NCERT Director: Hrushikesh Senapaty
- NCERT Headquarters: New Delhi
- NCERT President: Prakash Javadekar
- Russia Continent: Europe, Asia
- Russia Capital: Moscow
- Russia Currency: Russian ruble
- Russia President: Vladimir Putin
- China Currency: Renminbi
- China Capital: Beijing
- China President: Xi Jinping
- South Korea Capital: Seoul
- South Korea President: Moon Jae-in
- South Korea Prime minister: Lee Nak-yeon
- Bangladesh Capital: Dhaka
- Bangladesh Currency: Bangladeshi taka
- Bangladesh Prime minister: Sheikh Hasina
- Bangladesh President: Abdul Hamid
- Google CEO: Sundar Pichai