One Liner Gk Current Affairs - 11th June 2018
One Liner Gk Current Affairs - 11th June 2018 has all the Latest News Headlines marked in bold with the minimum details given. Aspirants can go through these if they do not want to get involved in to much detailed descriptions. These are very important for the upcoming government examinations of Bank, Rail and SSC. Aspirants should go through these regularly along with the Current Affairs Quiz.
New Appointments: National
- Former NIA chief Sharad Kumar was on Sunday appointed vigilance commissioner in the probity watchdog CVC.
- Indians form 2nd largest group of international students in US
- India Meteorological Department (IMD) will use flash flood guidance system for the first time in the country to forecast floods. Currently, the Central Water Commission issues flood warnings.
- The WHO has commended India's progress in reducing the maternal mortality ratio (MMR) by 77 percent, from 556 per 1,00,000 live births in 1990 to 130 per 1,00,000 live births in 2016.
Science & Technology
- ISRO’s PRL scientists discover an ‘EPIC’ planet
Defence & Railway News
- The Northern Railways will now monitor cleanliness of its trains using WhatsApp groups supervised by senior officials.
Agreements/ MoUs Signed
- An agreement on first transfer of technology for lithium-ion batteries was signed here on Sunday between the government-run Central Electrochemical Research Institute (CECRI) and RAASI Solar Power Pvt Ltd
- India and China ink 2 MoUs on sharing of Brahmaputra river data and supply of non-Basmati rice
- Eight states and four UTs have signed MoUs with the Union Health Ministry to implement the government's ambitious national health protection mission, which aims to provide a cover of Rs 5 lakh per family annually to 10 crore vulnerable families
- Shanghai Cooperation Organization (SCO) leaders taking part in a summit in China’s Qingdao have signed the Qingdao Declaration.
Awards & Honours: Sports
- India won the title of Intercontinental Cup Football Tournament after 2-0 victory in the final against Kenya at the Mumbai Football Arena.
- Talismanic Indian football team captain Sunil Chhetri became the joint second highest international goal scorer among active players along with Argentine superstar Lionel Messi with his 64th strike for the country against Kenya in the Intercontinental Cup summit clash in Mumbai.
- World number one Rafael Nadal won an 11th French Open title by beating Austrian Dominic Thiem in straight sets.
STATIC GK AND NOTE DOWN POINTS
- NIA: National Investigation Agency
- NIA Headquarters: New Delhi
- NIA Founder: P. Chidambaram
- NIA Founded: 2009
- NIA Jurisdiction: India
- CVC: Central Vigilance Commission
- CVC Jurisdiction: Government of India
- CVC Headquarters: New Delhi
- CVC First executive: Nittoor Srinivasa Rau
- CVC Current executive: K. V. Chowdary
- US Capital: Washington, D.C.
- US President: Donald Trump
- IMD: India Meteorological Department
- IMD Headquarters: New Delhi
- IMD Founder: Henry Francis Blanford
- IMD Agency executive: Dr. K.J. Ramesh
- WHO Headquarters: Geneva, Switzerland
- WHO Head: Tedros Adhanom
- ISRO: Indian Space Research Organisation
- ISRO Headquarters: Bengaluru
- ISRO Founder: Vikram Sarabhai
- ISRO Director: Kailasavadivoo Sivan
- ISRO Subsidiary: Vikram Sarabhai Space Centre
- China President: Xi Jinping Trending
- China Capital: Beijing
- China Currency: Renminbi
- Kenya Capitals: Nairobi, Mombasa
- Kenya Currency: Kenyan shilling
- Kenya Official languages: Swahili, English
- Argentina national football team: Head coach: Jorge Sampaoli