Current Affairs Updates - 9th June 2018
Our Today's Current Affairs Updates for 9th June 2018 has a portion of the Latest News Headlines included here, for example, RBI to set up public credit registry to curb bad loans, West Bengal Governor Keshari Nath Tripathi was given the additional charge of Tripura, The Himachal Pradesh government decided to scrap the semester system in graduate courses under Rashtriya Uchchatar Shiksha Abhiyan (RUSA) and restore the annual examination system from the coming session.. The greater part of the picked news have been set under significant headings which are imperative for the up and coming government examinations of Bank like IBPS PO, IBPS CLERK, SSC CGL, SSC CHSL and other comparable examinations. These are exceptionally urgent and hopefuls must experience them in subtle elements alongside our Static GK and Note Down Points and Daily Current Affairs Quiz.
New Appointments: National
West Bengal Governor Keshari Nath Tripathi was given the additional charge of Tripura
- The President of India is pleased to appoint Keshari Nath Tripathi to discharge the functions of the Governor of Tripura, in addition to his own duties, during the absence on leave of Tathagata Roy, Governor of Tripura, it said, without citing reasons for his leave.
RBI in News
RBI to set up public credit registry to curb bad loans
- The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) said it would set up a public credit registry—an information repository that collates all loan information of individuals and corporate borrowers.
Banking, Economic & Financial Affairs
Interest subsidy scheme on short-term crop loans of up to Rs 3 lakh will be implemented through the DBT mode from the current financial year
- The government has earmarked Rs 15,000 crore for 2018-19 towards interest subvention for short-term crop loans.
President Ram Nath Kovind declared Tripura's queen variety pineapple as state fruit and said its export was a major step in connecting the state with world trade.
- The state holds good potential in world trade. Export of the pineapple to foreign countries is a major step in connecting with world trade, Kovind said during his address at a reception programme here this evening.
Andhra Pradesh is Open Defecation free
- AP stood first among all the States in the country and achieved ODF status.
Nepal's Chief of the Army Staff (COAS) General Rajendra Chhetri has left on a six day visit to India.
- General Chhetri will attend the Officer Cadet's 'Passing Out Parade' as Chief Reviewing officer at Indian Military Academy in Dehradun.
The West Bengal government has decided to invest Rs 107 crore to check erosion at vulnerable areas along Ganga and Padma rivers.
- The work that will be carried out by investing the money, will be completed by the end of March 2019. Hundreds of people will get relieved as they would no longer have to worry about their houses getting washed away by strong currents.
The newly constructed Theng tunnel on Chungthang-Mangan highway in North Sikkim was inaugurated by the Union Minister of State for Defence
- The first of its kind, 578 meters long Theng tunnel has been dedicated to the people of Sikkim and the nation.
Application / Portal
In a bid to give a big push towards the ease of doing business in the State, Punjab Government has launched a "Business First Portal" which was unveiled by Industry Minister Sunder Sham Arora
- Addressing the industrialists here after launching the portal, the Minister said that online portal would facilitate the industrialists for Regulatory Clearances and Fiscal Approvals , real time tracking of applications at common platform.
Schemes / Programme
President Ram Nath Kovind distributed LPG connections to 20 beneficiaries under Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana at Raj Bhavan in Agartala
- During his two-day visit to Tripura, the President inaugurated 73 km long National Highway connecting Udaipur town in Gomati district and Sabroom in South Tripura. He also laid the foundation stone for the re-development of Matabari Temple Complex at Tripura Sundari temple.
The Reserve Bank of India has amended the Gold Monetisation Scheme (GMS) 2015, whereby deposits can be placed with banks for broken periods such as one year three months, or 13 years four months 15 days.
- The designated banks are free to fix the interest rates on short-term bank deposits (STBDs), which are for a short period of one to three years (with a facility of roll over).
The Himachal Pradesh government decided to scrap the semester system in graduate courses under Rashtriya Uchchatar Shiksha Abhiyan (RUSA) and restore the annual examination system from the coming session.
- When asked about the technical problems in starting annual examinations with Choice Based Credit System (CBCS), he said the university has been asked to work out the nitty-gritty.
Awards & Honours: Sports
Virat Kohli to get cricketer of the year award at BCCI annual gala
- India captain Virat Kohli's phenomenal batting form has fetched him the BCCI best cricketer award for two seasons, while World Cup stars Harmanpreet Kaur and Smriti Mandhana were chosen for the women's equivalent of the honour, the Board announced.
Other Sports & Award Related News
India cricketer Mithali Raj has become the first batter from the country to score 2000 runs in T20I cricket.
- She achieved the feat during India's Women's T20 Asia Cup match against Sri Lanka on Thursday in Kuala Lumpur.
Minister of Youth Affairs and Sports Rajyavardhan Rathore has approved the upward revision of pension to meritorious sportspersons.
- Under the revision, the rate of pension has been doubled of the existing rate of pension on winning medals in international sports events.