Current Affairs Updates - 4th June 2018
Read our Current Affairs Updates - 4th June 2018 where we have brought for every one of our perusers the Latest Current Affairs Headlines which are vital on your readiness stage for the examination. Wannabes ought to experience these in points of interest as these are altogether Updated News and are essential for exams, for example, IBPS PO, IBPS CLERK, SSC CGL, Railway and other Competitive Examinations. Perusers must experience these in subtle elements and furthermore take after our Static GK and Note Down Points alongside Daily Current Affairs Quiz.
New Appointments: InternationalPedro Sánchez is sworn in as Spain's new prime minister
- Spanish Socialist Pedro Sánchez has been sworn in as the country's new prime minister by King Felipe after the ousting of conservative Mariano Rajoy.
- Egyptian air force fighter planes drew the Egyptian flag across the sky in red, white and black smoke, while helicopters buzzed over the former military chief's motorcade as he approached parliament early on Saturday.
Banking, Economic & Financial AffairsMaharashtra government unveils 'sandbox' to aid startups
- In its efforts to develop the financial capital into a fintech hub, the Maharashtra government today announced a 'sandbox' to aid startups in the space.
Rankings & IndexesAccording to the "End of Childhood" report India has improved its ranking in the world childhood index but stays at a poor 113th position -- up from 116 in 2017 -- in the list of 175 countries indexed by global child rights group, Save the Children.
- However, it said nutrition, infant mortality and child labour remained issues of grave concern in the country where under five child mortality is 43 per 1,000 live births for 2016, even though Census of India had measured it to be 39 per 1,000 live births in the same year.
National AffairsEAM Sushma Swaraj reaches South Africa for a five-day visit
- On her way to South Africa, External Affairs Minister Sushma Swaraj on Saturday made a transit halt in Mauritius where she met the Prime Minister of the island nation, Pravind Kumar Jugnauth.
- Through this acquisition, Infosys enhances its digital experience services ecosystem with services ranging from strategy, design and user experience, to creative and digital marketing across the customer experience value chain. Infosys further expands its worldwide network of Digital Studios that are fulfilling the needs of global clients for comprehensive digital transformation solutions required to meet customer demand for next-generation, enhanced customer experiences.
International AffairsUS vetoes Arab-backed resolution on Gaza at UN Security Council
- The United States vetoed an Arab-backed UN draft resolution calling for protective measures for the Palestinians that won backing from 10 countries at the Security Council. A US resolution condemning Hamas also failed.
- The former Cold War foes first restored direct mail service as a pilot program in December 2015 as part of the policy of detente pursued by former U.S. President Barack Obama with then Cuban President Raul Castro.
Science & TechnologyChina successfully launched a new Earth observation satellite which will be mainly used in agricultural resources research and disaster monitoring
- The Gaofen-6 satellite was launched on a Long March-2D rocket at 12:13pm (local time) from the Jiuquan Satellite Launch Centre in northwest China.
Defence & Railway NewsIndia successfully carried out the flight test of Solid Fuel Ducted Ramjet (SFDR) propulsion based missile
- The technology demonstrator flight test was conducted from the Launch Centre-III of Integrated Test Range at Chandipur in Odisha.
- India's first deluxe train launched by the Indian Railways in 1930, the legendary train, called Dakkhan chi Rani in Marathi, forms an irreplaceable part of fairy tales and poems in Maharashtra.
Schemes / ProgrammeMinistry of Culture has launched "Seva Bhoj Yojana" to reduce the financial burden of Charitable Religious Institutions.
- Under this scheme, Central government will waive off Goods and Service Tax (GST) on Langar in holy places.
- The Income Tax Department has issued a new reward scheme titled “Benami Transactions Informants Reward Scheme, 2018” to seek people’s participation in the Income Tax Department’s efforts to unearth black money and to reduce tax evasion.
- In the first phase, as many as 3,233 working journalists will get health insurance coverage up to Rs 2 lakh a year. At least five members of the journalists family will be covered under the scheme, said an official statement.
- The state agriculture department also signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) in this regard, with the Sustainable India Finance Facility (SIFF), an initiative with the partnership of the United Nations Environment Program, the World Agroforestry Center, and the BNP Paribas.
Agreements/ MoUs SignedThe Environment Ministry has signed an MoU with TERI for setting up a resource efficiency cell.
- In the run up to the World Environment Day, a number of initiatives were launched by The Energy and Resources Institute (TERI) to help the Ministry of Environment, Forests and Climate Change (MoEFCC) focus on waste management and resource efficiency.
- The vehicles will be procured by EESL under the Centre’s National E-Mobility Programme and supplied at 22,500 per car, inclusive of maintenance expenditure. This will not only reduce the costs of hired cars, but also substantially reduce emissions.
Summit /Conference / EventsA two day Conference of Governors and Lieutenant Governors will be held at Rashtrapati Bhavan
- This will be the 49th such Conference which will be presided by President Ram Nath Kovind.
Other Sports & Award Related NewsThe ICC included Nepal, Netherlands, Scotland and the UAE in their ODI rankings list apart from the 12 existing countries.
- The Netherlands secured ODI status and a place in the 13-team ODI league by winning the ICC World Cricket League Championship last year, while Scotland, Nepal and the UAE earned ODI status by finishing as the three leading associates (along with the Dutch) in the ICC Cricket World Cup Qualifier 2018.
ObituaryTimothy Pereira, former football international who represented Tata FC, died of prolonged illness.
- He is survived by his wife, daughter and two sons, according to local football sources.