Current Affairs Updates - 26th June 2018
All the Relevant and Current News Headlines have been picked up from the Latest News Outings. Each and every news have been updated from the Latest News Line which is all important and have been given in details. The entire details help to go through all of it to get complete knowledge. These are all very vital for the upcoming government examinations of Bank, Rail, SSC and other similar examinations. Aspirants should go through these in details to get a better understanding of the topics involved in this case. Also, do follow our Daily Current Affairs Quiz and One Liner GK and Note Down Points on a regular basis.
Banking, Economic & Financial Affairs
FIU forwarded over 65K reports in FY18, the highest ever
- The spurt in the number of STRs finds a reflection in the number of investigations initiated under FEMA (Foreign Exchange Management Act), 1999, which have shot up from 1,516 in FY16 to 1,993 in FY17 and 3,369 in FY18.
India cuts export quotas for Maldives
- India has lowered the limits on the export of certain essential commodities such as potatoes, onions, and eggs to the Maldives, according to a recent notification, in a move that sparked reports of possible food shortages in the Maldives.
Haryana makes use of LED bulbs mandatory in govt offices by 15 Aug
- All Administrative Secretaries, Head of Departments and Managing Directors of Boards, Corporations and Public Undertakings have been directed to ensure replacing all inefficient lighting with LED lamps or tube lights by August 15, 2018.
IndiGo’s chief commercial officer Sanjay Kumar latest to quit
- Sanjay Kumar, IndiGo’s chief commercial officer (CCO) for eleven years has resigned, said a person in the know, barely two months after its president Aditya Ghosh put in his papers.
A recent study has revealed that over 120 million Indian consumers are expected to shop online this year.
- As per an ASSOCHAM-Resurgent joint study, online shopping is expected to clock annualized growth of 115 percent this year, aided by fast-increasing data consumption and improvement in logistics, along with a number of offers presented by e-commerce platforms.
Turkey's opposition concedes election defeat as Erdogan returns as president
- Mr Erdogan, 64, returns to power after gaining a comfortable 52.6% of the vote - but his ruling Justice and Development Party suffered losses as it polled 42.5% in a parliamentary ballot.
Schemes / Programme
Gujarat launches SKY Scheme for farmers to generate solar power
- The Gujarat government on Saturday launched a solar power scheme for farmers- Suryashakti Kisan Yojana (SKY) enabling them to generate electricity for their captive consumption as well as sell the surplus power to the grid and earn an extra buck.
No Toilet, No Bride: Haryana Panchayat Passes Resolution Inspired by ‘Toilet - Ek Prem Katha'
- Panchayats in Haryana have generally acquired a stereotypical reputation owing to their retrograde diktats. However, a panchayat in the state has come up with a novel idea ensuring the safety and well-being of the women folk.
NCST to organise “National Seminar on Conservation of Particularly Vulnerable Tribes of A & N Islands: The Way Forward”
- The National Commission for Scheduled Tribes (NCST) is organizing a National Seminar on “Conservation of Particularly Vulnerable Tribes of Andaman and Nicobar Islands: The Way Forward” on 27th and 28thJune, 2018 at Kamaladevi Multipurpose Hall, India International Centre, Max Mueller Marg, New Delhi.
The NIDA International Program Awards of Excellence recognize individuals for outstanding contributions to international cooperation in drug abuse research and training.
- The awards are presented each June at the NIDA International Forum to persons who have demonstrated outstanding and sustained support of the NIDA International Program mission in three categories.
Agreements/ MoUs Signed
Saudi ARAMCO, ADNOC sign MoU for participating in Ratnagiri Refinery project of Maharashtra
- Saudi Aramco and Abu Dhabi National Oil Company (ADNOC) on June 25, 2018 a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) to jointly develop and build an integrated refinery and petrochemicals complex at Ratnagiri,Maharashtra.
Summit /Conference / Events
The third Annual Meeting of the Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank -AIIB begins in Mumbai
- The two-day event will be held on the theme of Mobilizing Finance for Infrastructure will be addressed by Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Tuesday.
The three-day annual Sindhu Darshan Festival celebrates on the bank of Indus River started on Sunday in Ladakh region of Jammu and Kashmir.
- The Festival organised by Sindhu Darshan Yatra Samiti and Ladakh Phandey Tsogspa, Leh, will be inaugurate by RSS General Secretary Bhaiya Ji.
- The programme is focused at national integration, communal harmony and national pride.
Awards & Honours: Sports
Sandeep Sejwal grabs gold at Singapore National Swimming Championships
- Sandeep Sejwal put up an impressive performance to clinch the gold medal in men's 50m breaststroke event at the Singapore National Swimming Championships in Singapore.
Roger Federer loses No.1 spot as Borna Coric wins Halle title
- Federer was denied a 10th title in the German grasscourt tournament as Croatian Coric handed the 36-year-old his first setback on an otherwise serene road towards defending his Wimbledon title.
Boxer Mandeep Jangra wins gold at Ulaanbaatar Cup
- Commonwealth Games silver medalist from 2014, Mandeep Jangra stamped his authority on the gold as the Indian contingent amassed a total of nine medals - one gold, four silver and four bronze medals - at the Ulaanbaatar Cup in Mongolia.
Awards & Honours: Miscellaneous
Vasundhara Raje conferred with 'Chief Minister of the Year' award
- Rajasthan Chief Minister Vasundhara Raje was conferred the 'Chief Minister of the Year' award for her remarkable work in e-governance. The award was given at the 52nd Skoch Summit held in New Delhi.
Deepika Kumari wins individual recurve gold at Salt Lake World Cup
- Archer Deepika Kumari won her first individual gold medal in six years at the Salt Lake World Cup following a 7-3 win over Germany’s Michelle Kroppen in the recurve final.
FICCI awarded at X International IT Forum, Russia
- The Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce & Industry (FICCI) along with several industry members and senior government officials and academia, recently participated in X International IT Forum at Khanty-Mansiysk, Russia.
Award-winning poet Donald Hall dies at 89
- Award-winning American poet and writer Donald Hall died on Saturday at the age of 89, AP reported. Hall’s daughter, Philippa Smith, confirmed that her father died at his home in Wilmot, New Hampshire, after being in hospice care for some time.