Current Affairs Updates - 22nd June 2018
Current Affairs Updates - 22nd June 2018 has a list of headlines based on the Current Affairs Updates which are important for the upcoming government examinations such as Bank, Rail and SSC. Aspirants should go through these in details to get a better grip of the topics along with all the rest of the news. We shall also bring to you the One Liner GK and Note down Points and the Daily Current Affairs Quiz.
World music day is observed on 21 st June
- World Music Day celebrates music in all its forms and the impact it's had on the world and the human spirit.
First in India & World
World’s first International Centre for Humanitarian Forensics launched in India
- The world's first International Centre for Humanitarian Forensics (ICHF) was launched on 20 June 2018 in Gujarat, India by the Gujarat Forensic Sciences University (GFSU) in collaboration with the International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) Regional Delegation for India, Bhutan, Nepal and the Maldives.
RBI in News
RBI revises upwards housing loan limits under priority sector
- Housing loans of up to Rs 35 lakh, for dwellings costing less than Rs 45 lakh, will be treated as priority sector lending (PSL) to give a fillip to the low-cost segment.
Banking, Economic & Financial Affairs
Stock market regulator Securities and Exchange Board of India (SebiI) announced a slew of changes, especially in its regulations for initial public offerings (IPOs) and share buybacks, in a bid to simplify language and reduce duplication.
- At a board meeting chaired by Ajay Tyagi, the regulator announced reducing the timeline for announcement of IPO price band as well as approved the amendment of the existing buyback regulations, among others.
Chief Economic Advisor Arvind Subramanian will be leaving the finance ministry because of "pressing family commitments" and will shift base to the US, the finance minister Arun Jaitely said in a Facebook post.
- Subramanian took charge as the CEA on October 16, 2014 for a period of three years. In 2017, his term was extended for a year.
Science & Technology
Microsoft acquires education start-up Flipgrid in latest challenge to Google
- Microsoft has acquired Flipgrid, an education start-up with an app that lets students record and share videos on specific topics with their classmates.
Schemes / Programme
‘Adopt a Heritage’ scheme is for development, maintenance and operation of Tourism amenities in monuments: Tourism Ministry
- In response to certain reports appearing in the media regarding Adopt a Heritage Scheme, the Ministry of Tourism has clarified that the “Adopt a Heritage: Apni Dharohar, Apni Pehchaan”, is a collaborative effort between the Ministry of Tourism, Ministry of Culture and Archaeological Survey of India (ASI), and State/UTs Governments. The Project aims to develop synergy among all partners to effectively promote “responsible tourism”
Agreements/ MoUs Signed
India and Tajikistan have reaffirmed their commitment to promote bilateral relations and agreed to enhance economic cooperation, particularly in sustainable water development
- Indian Water Resources Minister Nitin Gadkari, who is on a two-day official visit to Tajikistan, held wide-ranging talks with Tajik Foreign Minister Sirodjidin Muhridin in Dushanbe, with both underlining the need to give further impetus to the ongoing bilateral cooperation in various fields and enhancing mutual cooperation in the area of sustainable water development.
Awards & Honours: Miscellaneous
Surat bags award for 'great momentum' in implementation of Smart City projects
- Surat has been awarded for showcasing "great momentum" in the implementation of projects under the Smart Cities Mission, the Housing and Urban Affairs (HUA) Ministry said.
The Ayush Ministry said Vishwas Mandlik of Nashik and The Yoga Institute in Mumbai are the recipients of the Prime Minister's Award for outstanding contribution to promotion and development of yoga.
- Mandlik won the award in the category Individual - National and The Yoga Institute won in the category Organisation - National.