One Liner GK Current Affairs - 7th May 2018
One Liner GK Current Affairs - 7th May 2018 has news such as the conference of the CEOs of the 'Smart Cities', Third Edition of United Nations Peacekeeping Course for African Partners held in New Delhi, ‘Android Things’ started by Google and other similar news. We hope aspirants will like our article and find it easy to go through these in details. Some Static GK Note Down Points have been added up at the end of the article as important reference points for the upcoming examinations of Bank like IBPS PO, IBPS CLERK, SSC CGL, SSC CHSL and other similar examinations.
Rankings & Indexes
- India ranks 4th according to the Lowy Institute Asia-Pacific on power index
- According to some official data, India’s total export of finished steel increased by 16.7% to 9.621 million tonnes (MT) in 2017-18
- Israel withdrew from a race against Germany and Belgium for two seats on the United Nations Security Council in 2019-20.
- New York Attorney General Eric Schneiderman has resigned following allegations of assault by four women.
Science & Technology
- ‘Android Things’, which arrives as Google opens its annual conference for developers, could bring its Google Assistant virtual helper to refrigerators and robots and familiar designs to cash registers and vending machines.
Agreements/ MoUs Signed
- NITI Aayog and Google on May 7, 2018 signed a Statement of Intent (SoI) to work on a range of initiatives to help build the Artificial Intelligence (AI) and Machine Learning (ML) ecosystem across the country.
- The Government of India signed a loan deal worth USD 200 million with the World Bank today for the National Nutrition Mission (POSHAN Abhiyaan)
- The National Small Industries Corporation Limited (NSIC) signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) with Ministry of Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises (MSME) for the year 2018-19.
Summit /Conference / Events
- India will host the 15th Asia Media Summit from May 10-12 in which representatives from nearly 40 countries will delve on issues related to the media sector. Theme: Telling Our Stories Asia and More
- Union minister Hardeep Singh Puri will inaugurate the first of its kind conference of the CEOs of the 'Smart Cities' on May 8 which aims for cross-sharing of knowledge among the cities
- The third edition of United Nations Peacekeeping Course for African Partners (UNPCAP) was held in New Delhi from May 7 to 25, 2018.
STATIC GK AND NOTE DOWN POINTS
- Israel Capital: Jerusalem
- Israel Prime minister: Benjamin Netanyahu
- Israel Currency: Israeli new shekel
- Israel President: Reuven Rivlin
- Belgium Capital: City of Brussels
- Belgium Currency: Euro
- Germany President: Frank-Walter Steinmeier
- Germany Capital: Berlin
- Security Council Headquarters: New York
- GOOGLE Founders: Larry Page
- GOOGLE CEO: Sundar Pichai
- GOOGLE: Global Organization Of Oriented Group Language Of Earth