One Liner GK Current Affairs - 7th May 2018
One Liner GK Current Affairs for 7th May 2018 consists of a list of news headlines based on the recent and Latest Updates. Each of these have been mentioned under its appropriate sections and we have added Static GK Note Down points at the end of the list which are important for the upcoming examinations of Bank, Rail, SSC and Railway. Aspirants should go through them in details and have a better understanding of the subject. To know in further details one can go through the Current Affairs Updates in a detailed basis.
New Appointments: International
- Vladimir Putin inaugurated for a new six-year term as Russian President for 4th term
Banking, Economic & Financial Affairs
- The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) unexpectedly announced it would buy Rs. 10,000 crore (1.50 billion dollar) of government bonds via open market operation (OMO), after failing to sell all the debt it had offered to bidders earlier on Friday.
- According to Asian Development Bank, India's projected GDP growth of over 7% for the current fiscal is "amazingly fast" and if this momentum is maintained the size of the economy can double within a decade.
Schemes / Programme
- Skill India organizes an Ajeevika and Kaushal Vikas Mela in Bhubaneswar Array of opportunities for youth to connect to New India vision of the country
- A ‘Cochlear Implant Awareness Programme’ is being organized by the Department of Empowerment of Persons with Disabilities (Divyangjan), Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment in association with Indian Red Cross Society and Sarvodaya Hospital & Research Centre tomorrow on 6th May, 2018 at Huda Convention Centre, Sector-12, Faridabad
Agreements/ MoUs Signed
- India and Sri Lanka agreed on cooperation on exchange of information and other aspects to tackle smuggling of drugs in both countries
- Niti Aayog and IBM has signed a Statement of Intent (SoI) to develop a crop yield prediction model using Artificial Intelligence (AI) to provide real time advisory to farmers in Aspirational Districts.
Awards & Honours: Sports
- Indian junior athletes clinched overall title in the 3rd South Asian Junior Athletics Championships (SAJAC) which concluded at Sugathadasa Stadium in Colombo on Sunday.
- Noted Marathi bhavgeet singer Arun Date whose iconic songs like Shukratara, Hya janmavar hya jaganyavar, Bhatukalicha khelamadhale, Asen mi nasen mi and Yeshil yeshil remain popular 60 years after they were recorded, passed away at his residence in Kanjurmarg.
STATIC GK NOTE DOWN POINTS
Russian Capital: Moscow
Russian Currency: Russian ruble
RBI Bank rate: 6.00%
RBI Interest on reserves: 4.00%
RBI Headquarters: Mumbai
RBI Governor: Urjit Patel
ADB: Asian Development Bank
ADB Headquarters: Mandaluyong, Philippines
ADB President: Takehiko Nakao
ADB Purpose: Economic development
ADB Motto: Fighting poverty in Asia and the Pacific
Sri Lanka Capitals: Colombo, Sri Jayawardenepura Kotte
Sri Lanka Currency: Sri Lankan rupee
Sri Lanka President: Maithripala Sirisena
IBM CEO: Ginni Rometty
IBM Founder: Charles Ranlett Flint
IBM Headquarters: Armonk, New York, United States