One Liner GK Current Affairs - 31st May 2018
In our today's One Liner GK Current Affairs for 31st May 2018 a list of News Headlines have been added up here. These are all given in single sentences along with other GK Pointers given at the end of the article. They are very important for the upcoming government examinations of Bank, Rail and SSC. Aspirants should go through these in details to get a better understanding of the topics. Also, follow our Daily Current Affairs Updates and Daily CA Quiz for better performance in the examination.
- World No Tobacco Day (WNTD) is observed around the world every year on 31 May.
Banking, Economic & Financial Affairs
- International rating company Moody’s Investors Service has cut India’s growth forecast to 7.3% for 2018 from 7.5% projected earlier on the back of higher oil prices, although it expects the country to benefit from acceleration in rural consumption due to a normal monsoon and higher support prices.
- The country's largest lender State Bank of India (SBI) has increased its fixed deposit interest rates from 0.05 per cent (5 bps or basis points) to 0.25 per cent (25 bps)on select tenures.
- Microsoft has surpassed Alphabet, the parent company of Google, in the market capitalisation for the first time in three years, becoming the third most valuable firm after Apple and Amazon globally.
- India has released 33 point 10 Crore rupees to Nepal towards cost of two road packages of Birgunj-Thori Road being implemented under Postal Highway Projects in Nepal with Government of India’s grant assistance.
Defence & Railway News
- India-Nepal joint military exercise Surya Kiran begins at Pithoragarh in Uttarakhand
- As many as 26 countries, including India, would participate in the biennial Rim of the Pacific (RIMPAC) military exercise from June 27 to August 2, in and around the Hawaiian Islands and Southern California.
Application / Portal
- Yoga guru Baba Ramdev's Patanjali launched a new swadeshi messaging application called Kimbho to compete with WhatsApp.
Summit /Conference / Events
- The Third Home Affairs Dialogue between India and U.K. was held in New Delhi.
Awards & Honours: Miscellaneous
- Kamaljit Bawa first Indian to receive Linnean Medal
STATIC GK AND NOTE DOWN POINTS
- Moody Headquarters: New York City
- Moody CEO: Raymond W. McDaniel Jr.
- SBI Chairperson: Rajnish Kumar
- SBI Headquarters: Mumbai
- Microsoft Corporation CEO: Satya Nadella
- Microsoft Corporation Headquarters: Washington, United States
- Alphabet CEO: Larry Page
- Google CEO: Sundar Pichai
- Google Headquarters: United States
- Amazon CEO: Jeff Bezos
- Nepal Capital: Kathmandu
- Nepal Prime minister: Khadga Prasad Oli
- Nepal Currency: Nepalese rupee
- Nepal President: Bidhya Devi Bhandari
- California Capital: Sacramento
- UK Currency: Pound sterling Trending
- UK Capital: London
- UK Prime minister: Theresa May