One Liner GK Current Affairs - 22nd May 2018
Today's One Liner GK Current Affairs - 22nd May 2018 includes some of the Latest New Topics all given in single sentences. We pick up only those news which are important for the Competitive Examinations like IBPS PO, IBPS CLERK, SSC CGL, SSC CHSL and other Railway or Private Examinations. At the end of the article we bring to our readers a set of GK Pointers which are based on the given CA topics and are good to boost your knowledge. We hope aspirants will find this article really helpful. For more such articles keep visiting our site.
Banking, Economic & Financial Affairs
- NITI Aayog vice-chairman Rajiv Kumar exuded confidence that Indian economy will achieve 9 percent growth rate on sustained basis by 2022 on the back of reforms like GST, demonetisation and the Insolvency and Bankruptcy Code (IBC).
- The long-cherished dream of having air-connectivity in Arunachal Pradesh was fulfilled with flagging off of the first fixed-wing commercial aircraft from Pasighat to Guwahati by Chief Minister Pema Khandu.
- The first consignment of 2 million barrels of crude oil from the UAE for India's strategic petroleum reserve at Karnataka's Mangaluru landed on the west coast.
- Indian Navy's six-member all-women crew arrived in Goa after circumnavigating the globe in over eight months on board the naval vessel INSV Tarini.
- India successfully test-fired the Indo-Russian joint venture BrahMos supersonic cruise missile from a test range along the Odisha coast to validate some new features.
- Thousands of soldiers with war fighting equipment of South Western Command's Chetak corps are engaged in intensive training in Mahajan field firing ranges of Rajasthan under exercise 'Gandiv Vijay'.
- Union Home Minister Rajnath Singh today said Chhattisgarh would get a specialised anti-Naxal combat force called "Black Panther" on the lines of the Greyhound unit.
- Annual Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) was signed between Ministry of Railway & Rail Vikas Nigam Limited (RVNL) regarding financial & non financial targets for the company. Shri Ranjanesh Sahai, Secretary, Railway Board & Shri S.C. Agnihotri, Chairman & Managing Director, RVNL signed the MoU in Rail Bhavan
- The 71st Session of the World Health Organization's (WHO) World Health Assembly (WHA) will take place in Geneva, Switzerland from 21 to 26 May 2018.
- Rafael Nadal beats Alexander Zverev to win Italian Open
- Lionel Messi wins European Golden Shoe for the fifth time
STATIC GK AND NOTE DOWN POINTS
- NITI Aayog Headquarters: New Delhi
- NITI Aayog vice-chairman: Rajiv Kumar
- NITI Aayog Chairperson: Narendra Modi
- Assam CM: Sarbananda Sonowal
- Arunachal Pradesh CM: Pema Khandu
- UAE Capital: Abu Dhabi
- UAE Currency: United Arab Emirates dirham
- UAE PM: Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum
- WHO: World Health Organization
- WHO Headquarters: Geneva, Switzerland
- WHO Head: Tedros Adhanom
- Odisha Capital: Bhubaneswar
- Odisha Chief minister: Naveen Patnaik
- Russia Capital: Moscow Trending
- Russia Currency: Russian ruble
- Russia President: Vladimir Putin