One Liner GK Current Affairs: 15th May 2018
We hope readers liked our Current Affairs Article that came out in the morning. Those aspirants who wishes to read only the important points and do not wish to go through these any Latest News in details can go through our Daily Current Affairs One Liner GK. We also bring to you some of the important facts related to the Latest News given at the end of the file in Static GK and Note Down Points. These have been made for helping the users in different competitive examinations like IBPS PO, RRB, RAIL, SBI, and SSC. We would also like our readers to follow the Current Affairs Quiz regularly to enhance their preparation in any kinds of Competitive examinations.
CURRENT AFFAIRS BITESImportant Days
- The International Day of Families is observed on the 15th of May every year.
- The First all women Post Office Passport Seva Kendra (POPSK) began its operations in Phagwara, Punjab
- The retail inflation accelerating to 4.58% in April while wholesale price inflation climbed to a four month high of 3.18% in April.
- The Union government announced a sudden Cabinet reshuffle on Sunday and gave Minister of Railways Piyush Goyal the additional charge of Union Finance Ministry.
- Ahmedabad’s Centre for Innovation, Incubation and Entrepreneurship (CIIE) has launched a Bharat Inclusion Initiative to build knowledge and foster innovation and entrepreneurial activity across areas such as financial inclusion, livelihood, education and health.
- The World Health Organization (WHO) has launched 'REPLACE' to eliminate trans fat in foods by 2023
- Ministry of Environment, Forest and Climate Change (MoEFCC) launched full-fledged Green Skill Development Programme (GSDP) to train workers in environment and forest.
- Ministry of New and Renewable Energy has issued National Wind-Solar Hybrid Policy to boost renewable power generation.
- The states of Himachal Pradesh, Jammu and Kashmir, Haryana and Uttarakhand agreed to implement the ambitious national health protection mission, which aims to provide an annual coverage of Rs 5 lakh per family.
- Telecom major Bharti Airtel Ltd. today completed the merger of the Indian arm of Telenor Communications with itself.
- The President of India, Shri Ram Nath Kovind, inaugurated the 4th Global Exhibition on Services and launched a portal on 12 Champion Sectors in Services in Mumbai
- Indian shooter Heena Sidhu clinched the gold medal in the women's 10m air pistol at the International Shooting Competitions of Hannover (ISCH)
- Dr Bindeshwar Pathak, the founder of Sulabh International was honoured with the Nikkei Asia Prize in Japan for his contribution to Asia’s development.
STATIC GK AND NOTE DOWN POINTS
- CIIE: Centre for Innovation, Incubation and Entrepreneurship
- WHO: World Health Organization
- WHO Headquarters: Geneva, Switzerland
- WHO Head: Tedros Adhanom
- Airtel CEO: Gopal Vittal
- Airtel Headquarter: Delhi
- ISCH: International Shooting Competitions of Hannover
- Japan Capital: Tokyo
- Japan Currency: Japanese yen
- Japan PM: Shinzō Abe