One Liner GK Current Affairs - 14th May 2018
One Liner GK Current Affairs - 14th May 2018 has a list of Latest Current Affairs Updates which are completely recent and have been presented as one liners. These have been placed under different sections of National, International, Schemes, Obituary, Banking and Economic Affairs. It is very important for the upcoming examinations of IBPS PO, IBPS CLERK, SSC CGL, SSC CHSL and Railway Exams.Committees in News
- A parliamentary panel headed by veteran BJP leader Murali Manohar Joshi decided to study the recovery of black money and performance of public sector banks among a host of subjects.
- Fino Payments Bank Launches UPI, Fastag and Online account opening to expand digital footprint.
- Paytm introduced automatic recurring payments, a new feature that lets users configure the payments app to pay for periodic recurring expenses automatically.
- Union Petroleum and Natural Gas Minister Dharmendra Pradhan and UAE Minister of State & Abu Dhabi National Oil Company (ADNOC) Group CEO Dr. Sultan Al Jaber flagged off first consignment of 2 million barrels of ADNOC crude for Mangalore Cavern
- China's largest bank, the Industrial and Commercial Bank of China (ICBC), has launched the country's first India-dedicated publicly offered investment fund
- Army Chief General Bipin Rawat will begin a four-day visit to Sri Lanka with an aim to take forward the military cooperation between the two countries to the "next level
- India and Nepal have agreed to expand their partnership for socio-economic development on the basis of principles of equality, trust, respect and mutual benefit.
- Melody queen Lata Mangeshkar was honoured with the Swara Mauli title by spiritual guru Vidya Narsimha Bharati Swami
- Noted Hindi film lyricist, Nandram Das Bairagi, popularly known as Balkavi Bairagi, died in his sleep last evening.
STATIC GK AND NOTE DOWN POINTS
- UPI: Unified Payments Interface
- Paytm Founder: Vijay Shekhar Sharma
- Paytm CEO: Renu Satti
- Paytm Headquarters: Noida
- UAE Currency: United Arab Emirates dirham
- UAE Capital: Abu Dhabi
- China's President: Xi Jinping Trending
- China's Capital: Beijing
- China's Currency: Renminbi
- Sri Lanka Capitals: Colombo, Sri Jayawardenepura Kotte
- Sri Lanka Currency: Sri Lankan rupee
- Sri Lanka President: Maithripala Sirisena
- Nepal's Prime minister: Khadga Prasad Oli Trending
- Nepal's Capital: Kathmandu
- Nepal's Currency: Nepalese rupee
- Nepal's President: Bidhya Devi Bhandari