One Liner GK Current Affairs - 11th May 2018
One Liner GK Current Affairs - 11th May 2018 have a list of Latest Current Affairs Headlines which are important for the upcoming examinations of Bank like IBPS PO, IBPS CLERK, SSC CGL, SSC CHSL and Railway. We have included only the important points and not any details. If you want a detailed description of all the news then please follow Daily Current Affairs Updates. You may also like Daily Current Affairs Quiz to practice and revise your daily learnings.
- The National Technology Day was observed across India on May 11, 2018 to commemorate the anniversary of Pokhran nuclear tests of 1998.
New Appointments: International
- Mahathir Mohamad has been sworn in as prime minister of Malaysia after his shock election victory, 15 years after he stood down.
Banking, Economic & Financial Affairs
- YES Bank is all set to roll out a capacity building project with farmers in Haryana and Rajasthan under its ‘Livelihood and Water Security’ CSR initiative.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi and his Nepalese counterpart K P Sharma Oli on Friday jointly inaugurated a direct bus service between Janakpur and Ayodhya - the two sacred cities for Hindus.
- To promote electric vehicles in India, the government has approved green licence plates bearing numbers in white fonts for private e-vehicles and yellow for taxis
- President Ram Nath Kovind flew to the world's highest battlefield to address soldiers posted at the Siachen glacier, sometimes also referred to as the "Third Pole" where temperatures can dip to minus 50 degrees Celsius.
- External Affairs Minister Sushma Swaraj called on Myanmar President U Win Myint soon after she arrived here for talks with the country's top leadership on key bilateral and regional issues, including the Rohingya refugee crisis.
Application / Portal
- Ravi Shankar Prasad launches website of Digital India Internship Scheme
Schemes / Programme
- In a unique initiative, Telangana Chief Minister K Chandrasekhar Rao will launch the Rythu Bandhu scheme in Karimnagar which will ensure that a large majority of farmers in the state will get Rs 8,000 per acre per year for two crops.
Agreements/ MoUs Signed
- Vice President Venkaiah Naidu and President of Panama signed two agreements on exemption of Visas for holders of Diplomatic and Official Passports and in the field of Agriculture.
Summit /Conference / Events
- The US-India Aviation Summit is being hosted next month in Mumbai as a technical, policy and commercial forum by the Indian Ministry of Civil Aviation and the US Trade and Development Agency.
- Information and Broadcasting Minister Smriti Irani inaugurates the 15th Asia Media Summit in New Delhi. Theme: 'Telling Our Stories – Asia and More.'
STATIC GK AND NOTE DOWN POINTS
- Myanmar Capital: Naypyidaw
- Myanmar Currency: Burmese kyat
- Myanmar President: Win Myint
- China Capital: Beijing
- China Currency: Renminbi
- Yes Bank Headquarters: Mumbai
- Yes Bank CEO: Rana Kapoor
- Yes Bank Tagline: Experience our Expertise
- Vice President of India: Venkaiah Naidu
- Information and Broadcasting Minister: Smriti Irani
- President of India: Ravi Shankar Prasad
- External Affairs Minister: Sushma Swaraj