One Liner GK Current Affairs - 10th May 2018
One Liner GK Current Affairs - 10th May 2018 have a list of important News headlines based on the Latest Current Affairs Updates. These are important for the upcoming examinations of IBPS PO, IBPS CLERK, SSC CGL, SSC CHSL and other similar examinations. These are vital and aspirants should go through them in details. Along with this aspirants should also go through the Daily Current Affairs Quiz to test their level of preparation in the examination.
New Appointments: International
- Facebook has announced that the company's Vice President of Product Chris Daniels will be taking over Whatsapp after Co-founder Jan Koum announced his departure last week.
Committees in News
- The Fifteenth Finance Commission constituted an advisory council to advise and assist them on any issue or subject related to the Terms of Reference (ToR) of the Commission.
Banking, Economic & Financial Affairs
- The International Monetary Fund (IMF) reaffirmed on Wednesday that India will be the fastest growing major economy in 2018, with a growth rate of 7.4 per cent that rises to 7.8 per cent in 2019 with medium-term prospects remaining positive.
Rankings & Indexes
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi ranked 9th among 75 most powerful globally in Forbes list. Xi Jinping tops the list.
- With business sentiment at the "weakest" in four years, India slipped to the 6th position globally in the business optimism index for the first quarter of this year, says a survey.
- The Madhya Pradesh government launched the country's first Integrated Control and Command Centre (ICCC) for all seven smart cities of the state in Bhopal
- The Indian telecom regulator released the draft amendment of telecommunication interconnection where it has set time-frame for provisioning of ports for initial interconnection and augmentation to be increased to a maximum 42 working days.
- External Affairs Minister Sushma Swaraj left for her two-day visit to Myanmar.
Science & Technology
- Google officially launches Things, its IoT platform in an effort to better secure and control Internet of Things devices
- China successfully launched a hyperspectral imaging satellite, Gaofen-5, for comprehensive observation of the atmosphere, including air pollution which is one of the country's major problems.
Application / Portal
- Union Minister Ravi Shankar Prasad yesterday launched the website of Digital India Internship Scheme in New Delhi.
Agreements/ MoUs Signed
- Uber teams with NASA to make flying cars a reality
- Walmart acquires Flipkart for 16 billion dollar in world’s largest ecommerce deal
- Vice President Venkaiah Naidu and President of Panama signed two agreements on exemption of Visas for holders of Diplomatic and Official Passports and in the field of Agriculture.
Summit /Conference / Events
- The 2018 World Robot Conference will be held in Beijing from August 15 to 19
- Leaders of China, Japan and South Korea meet to discuss North Korea’s nuclear weapons, free trade
Awards & Honours: Miscellaneous
- Nisha Bhalla conferred with 'WEF 2018' award
STATIC GK AND NOTE DOWN POINTS
- Facebook CEO: Mark Zuckerberg
- Facebook Headquarters: California, United States
- Facebook CFO: David Wehner
- IMF: International Monetary Fund
- IMF CEO: Christine Lagarde
- IMF Headquarters: Washington, D.C., United States
- Myanmar Capital: Naypyidaw
- Myanmar Currency: Burmese kyat
- Myanmar President: Win Myint
- Google CEO: Sundar Pichai
- Google Headquarters:California, united states
- Google Parent organization: Alphabet Inc.
- China President: Xi Jinping
- China Capital: Beijing
- China Currency: Renminbi
- Uber CEO: Dara Khosrowshahi
- Uber Headquarters: San francisco. united states
- NASA: National Aeronautics and Space Administration
- NASA Headquarters: Washington, D.C., United States
- NASA Founder: Dwight D. Eisenhower
- Flipkart CEO: Kalyan Krishnamurthy
- Flipkart Headquarters: Bengaluru
- Japan Capital: Tokyo
- Japan Currency: Japanese yen
- Japan Prime minister: Shinzō Abe
- South Korea Capital: Seoul
- South Korea President: Moon Jae-in
- South Korea Prime minister: Lee Nak-yeon
- North Korea Capital: Pyongyang
- North Korea Supreme leader: Kim Jong-un
- North Korea Currency: North Korean won