Current Affairs Updates - 28th May 2018
The majority of you locate the Current Affairs area very troublesome on the grounds that now and again it is hard to comprehend which subjects are vital particularly on the off chance that you are following the daily paper. To help you with this problem we bring to you the Current Affairs Updates - 28th May 2018 which is simply a compilation of all the important and relevant news headlines from various newspaper or articles. These have been grouped under different sections so that you can easily pick out an study according to your target examination. A few points may be imperative for SSC CHSL and CGL while others may be critical for Bank exams for instance IBPS PO, IBPS CLERK, and RRB. Likewise, do not neglect to experience the Daily Static GK and Note Down Points alongside the Daily Current Affairs Quiz all the time.
New Appointments: National
The General Body meeting of Tribal Cooperative Marketing Development Federation of India Ltd. (TRIFED) was held on 25th May 2018 in which the 11th Board of Directors was reconstituted and the Office Bearers were elected unanimously.
- Shri Ramesh Chand Meena was elected as the Chairperson and Smt. Pratibha Brahma was elected as the Vice Chairperson of TRIFED.
Committees in News
15th Finance Commission constitutes panel for health sector
- The Fifteenth Finance Commission has constituted a High Level Group consisting of eminent experts from across the country to examine the strengths and weaknesses for enabling balanced expansion of Health Sector.
E-Way Bill system for intra-State movement of goods will be implemented in seven more states and Union Territories.
- The States are Maharashtra, Manipur, Chandigarh, Andaman and Nicobar Islands, Dadra and Nagar Haveli, Daman and Diu and Lakshadweep.
The Employees’ Provident Fund Organisation’s (EPFO) trustees had decided to cut the administrative charges to 0.50 per cent from 0.65 per cent of total wage .
- The labour ministry has notified the decision to cut administrative charges, which would be effective from June 1, 2018. This will encourage employers to formalise their workers employment by bringing them under the ambit of social security schemes run by the EPFO
Defence & Railway News
Indigenously developed Rustom-II Unmanned Aerial Vehicle (UAV) by Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) will be delivered to armed forces by 2022.
- Rustom-II is part of Rustom line of Unmanned Aerial Vehicles (UAVs) indigenously designed and developed by DRDO that includes Rustom-I, Rustom-H and Rustom -C.
Application / Portal
On the fourth anniversary of the BJP-led NDA government in power at the Centre, Prime Minister Narendra Modi launched a survey on the popular NaMo App
- The survey is designed to take the opinion of the people about the three most popular BJP leaders at the constituency and the state level.
Schemes / Programme
The Telangana government announced that it would provide life insurance cover of Rs 5 lakh each to all farmers in the state.
- The scheme would get underway from August 15 this year, Chief Minister K Chandrasekhar Rao said after chairing a meeting with ministers and officials on the insurance scheme.
Other Sports & Award Related News
Chennai Super Kings defeated SunRisers Hyderabad to clinch their third Indian Premier League title.
- With this, Chennai Super Kings equalled Mumbai Indians' record for winning the most number of Indian Premier League titles (3). Notably, Chennai Super Kings defeated SunRisers Hyderabad in each of their four encounters this season.
Spanish football giants Real Madrid have claimed yet another Champions League title by beating English side Liverpool FC 3-1 in the final.
- The victory marked the third consecutive year that Real Madrid have won the tournament and the fourth such in five years, taking their total tally to a record 13 titles.
Japan end 37-year drought with Uber Cup win
- Japan's women clinched the Uber Cup on Saturday (May 26), breezing by surprise finalists Thailand 3-0 in Bangkok to end a 37-year wait to regain the title.
Alan Bean, the 4th person to walk on the moon, dies at 86
- Alan Bean, the fourth person to walk on the moon and the last surviving member of the Apollo 12 mission, died Saturday in Houston, according to his family and NASA. He was 86.