Current Affairs Updates - 27th May 2018
Today we have conveyed to you another arrangement of Current Affairs Updates for 27th May 2018. We trust every one of you are getting ready well for the exams, for example, IBPS PO, RRB, Railway ALP, Railway Group D, IBPS CLERK, SSC CGL and SSC CHSL. Many of you seem to be confused while planning for Current Affairs so we are here to help every one of you to choose just those which are important to your Competitive Examinations. We trust per users will experience these in points of interest and will likewise take after the Daily Current Affairs Quiz to have a keep an eye on their level of arrangement.
New Appointments: NationalBJP leaders Kummanam Rajasekharan and Prof Ganeshi Lal will take over as Governor of Mizoram and Odisha
- Rajasekharan will succeed Lt General Nirbhay Sharma (retd) as Governor of Mizoram.
New Appointments: InternationalThe Barbados Labour Party (BLP) has won the country's 2018 General Elections claiming all 30 seats in the country's House of Assembly and unseating the Democratic Labour Party (DLP), which has governed the country since 2008.
- The crushing victory for the BLP means that its political leader Mia Amor Mottley will be sworn in as Barbados' first female Prime Minister since the country gained independence from Britain in 1966.
Banking, Economic & Financial AffairsGovernment notifies 8.55% interest on PF for 2017-18, lowest in 5 years
- The finance ministry had ratified 8.55 per cent rate of interest on EPF for the last fiscal. But it could not be implemented because of model code of conduct for Karnataka elections.
National AffairsPrime Minister Narendra Modi laid foundation stones for projects worth over Rs 27,000 crore in Jharkhand, including the Sindri urea plant.
- The urea plants of Sindri, Baruni (Bihar) and Gorakhpur in Uttar Pradesh will help in the second agriculture revolution in the eastern India.
Defence & Railway NewsThe Indian Navy commissioned its third Landing Craft Utility (LCU) Mk-IV in a ceremony at Port Blair .
- INLCU L53 was designed and built by Garden Reach Shipbuilders and Engineers (GRSE) in Kolkata and will be used for the transport of combat equipment.
Summit /Conference / Events9th edition of ‘Rashtriya Sanskriti Mahotsav’ under the Ministry of Culture, inaugurated in Tehri , Uttarakhand
- The North Zone Cultural Centre (NZCC), Patiala has been entrusted with the responsibility as the nodal agency to carry forward the execution of the National Cultural Festival under the banner of the slogan “EK BHARAT SHRESHTHA BHARAT”.
- The six-day event was inaugurated by Union Information and Broadcasting Minister Col. Rajyavardhan Rathore.
- PM Modi, along with his Bangladeshi counterpart Sheikh Hasina, will attend the convocation of Visva Bharati University and inaugurate the Bangladesh Bhavan at Shantiniketan.
- The project is 74: 26 Joint Venture between Government of Jharkhand (GoJ) and Patratu Vidyut Utpadan Nigam Ltd. (PVUN), a subsidiary company of NTPC.
- The film festival was non-competitive and its tagline was ‘Friendship through Films’
Other Sports & Award Related NewsThe second stage of Archery World Cup 2018 started in Antalya, Turkey.
- India opened its account with a silver and a bronze medal in the compound section.