One Liner GK Current Affairs - 6th April 2018
One Liner GK Current Affairs - 6th April 2018 has all the important headlines which are vital for the current pattern of examinations. Aspirants should go through the Static Gk Points at the end of the list as these are important for the upcoming government examinations. These articles are made purely based on the SSC CGL and SSC CHSL pattern. Current Affairs Updates are also important for regular practice.
Committees in News
- The Central Board of Direct Taxes (CBDT) has constituted 5-member working group (committee) to examine taxation aspects related to High Net Worth Individuals (HNWIs) who are migrating abroad to other jurisdictions.
- The Ministry of Information and Broadcasting (I&B) has constituted 10-member committee to regulate online portals, including news websites, entertainment sites and media aggregators.
Rankings & Indexes
- India emerged as the third most vulnerable country in terms of risk of cyber threats, such as malware, spam and ransomware, in 2017, moving up one place over previous year, according to a report by security solutions provider Symantec.
- Nepal Prime Minister KP Sharma Oli to arrive on a 3-day visit to India
Defence & Railway News
- Korean Coast Guard ship 'BADARO' took part in Indo-Korean joint anti-piracy, search and rescue exercise 'SAHYOG-HYEOBLYEOG 2018' off the Chennai coast
Application / Portal
- Union Minister of Railways and Coal Piyush Goyal on April 5, 2018 launched the UTTAM App for Coal Quality Monitoring.
Schemes / Programme
- Civil Aviation Minister Suresh Prabhu inaugurated the first flight from Delhi to Pathankot at a ceremony held at the Indira Gandhi International Airport in New Delhi.
Agreements/ MoUs Signed
- The presidents of Iran, Turkey and Russia meet for their second tripartite summit in under six months, aiming to speed the peace process for Syria and bolster their influence in the country.
- Digital payments company PayPal and the Federation of Indian Export Organisations (FIEO) today signed an agreement for promotion of outbound shipments among small and medium enterprises (SMEs) leveraging the partners' expertise and technology products.
Summit /Conference / Events
- The Global Logistics Summit was held in New Delhi which was organised by the Department of Commerce, Ministry of Commerce & Industry, along with FICCI (Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce & Industry) and the World Bank Group.
Awards & Honours: Sports
- Indian skipper, Mithali Raj etched her name in record books after becoming the most capped player in women’s ODI cricket.
- Teenager Deepak Lather Becomes Youngest Indian Weightlifter to Win Medal.
- Weightlifter Khumukcham Sanjita Chanu has delivered India its second gold medal of the 2018 Commonwealth Games in Gold Coast City, Australia by dominating the women’s 53kg event at the Carrara Sports and Leisure Centre
STATIC GK AND NOTE DOWN POINTS
- Nepal Prime minister: Khadga Prasad Oli
- Nepal Capital: Kathmandu
- Nepal Currency: Nepalese rupee
- Nepal President: Bidhya Devi Bhandari
- South Korea President: Moon Jae-in
- South Korea Capital: Seoul
- South Korea Prime minister: Lee Nak-yeon
- North Korea Capital: Pyongyang
- North Korea Supreme leader: Kim Jong-un
- North Korea Currency: North Korean won
- Iran President: Hassan Rouhani
- Iran Capital: Tehran
- Iran Currency: Iranian rial
- Iran Supreme leader: Ali Khamenei
- Turkey Currency: Turkish lira
- Turkey Capital: Ankara
- Turkey's President: Recep Tayyip Erdoğan
- Russia President: Vladimir Putin
- Russia Capital: Moscow
- Russia Currency: Russian ruble
- Russia President: Bashar al-Assad
- Syrian Capital: Damascus
- Syrian Prime minister: Imad Khamis
- Syrian Currency: Syrian pound
- World Bank President: Jim Yong Kim
- World Bank Headquarters: Washington, D.C., United States
- World Bank CEO: Kristalina Georgieva