One Liner GK Current Affairs - 5th April 2018
One Liner GK Current Affairs - 5th April 2018 has all the important headlines given in single sentences. At the end of the article we have given some Static GK and Note Down Points which are very important for the upcoming examinations of SSC, Bank and Rail so we hope candidates will go through them in details. Moreover, we are also providing a Daily Current Affairs Quiz based on the Latest and Current Pattern which are also very helpful if you want to check you preparation. Aspirants can also go through the Daily Current Affairs Updates for today.
New Appointments: National
- Subrata Bhattacharjee appointed as the next Ambassador of India to the Republic of Serbia
- SBI Life Insurance appoints Sanjeev Nautiyal as new MD & CEO
- Assam Health and Education Minister Himanta Biswa Sarma was on unanimously elected the Badminton Association of India (BAI) President during its annual general body meeting in Goa
Banking, Economic & Financial Affairs
- Jio started its operations as a payments bank as Jio Payments Bank Limited .
- Private sector lender IndusInd Bank received RBI's approval to buy the securities services arm of IL&FS.
Rankings & Indexes
- According to Steel Users Federation of India (SUFI), India has overtaken Japan to become world’s second largest producer of crude steel in February 2018.
- The Union Cabinet approved amendments to the human rights protection bill for "better protection and promotion of human rights in the country.
- Russian President Vladimir Putin and Turkish President Tayyip Erdogan attended via videolink from Ankara a ceremony to mark the pouring of first concrete for unit 1 of the Akkuyu nuclear power plant.
Agreements/ MoUs Signed
- The Union Cabinet has approved Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) signed between India and United Arab Emirates (UAE) on Technical Cooperation in Rail Sector.
- The Union Cabinet has been apprised of Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) signed between India and Canada to foster cross-border partnerships focused on research excellence and industry-academic collaboration.
- The Union Cabinet chaired by Prime Minister Narendra Modi has approved signing of Cooperation Arrangement between India and Afghanistan for cooperation in the field of food safety and related areas.
Summit /Conference / Events
- External Affairs Minister (EAM) Sushma Swaraj embarked a three-day official visit to Azerbaijan's capital city Baku to participate in Non-Aligned Movement (NAM) Ministerial Conference.
Awards & Honours: Sports
- Weightlifter Mirabai Chanu has clinched India’s first gold medal of the 2018 Commonwealth Games.
- Weight Lifter P. Gururaja Wins Silver at the Gold Coast Commonwealth Games 2018, in Australia.
STATIC GK AND NOTE DOWN POINT
- Serbian Capital: Belgrade
- Serbian Currency: Serbian dinar
- Serbian President: Aleksandar Vučić
- SBI Life Headquarters: Mumbai
- SBI Life CEO: Arijit Basu
- SBI Chairperson: Rajnish Kumar
- SBI Headquarters: Mumbai
- Badminton Association of India President: Himanta Biswa Sarma
- Badminton Association of India Founded: 1934
- Badminton Association of India Headquarters: Lucknow
- Goa's Chief minister: Manohar Parrikar
- JIO Founder: Mukesh Ambani
- JIO Founded: 2007
- JIO Headquarters: Navi Mumbai
- JIO Subsidiaries: LYF
- JIO Parent organization: Reliance Industries
- Indusind Bank Headquarters: Mumbai
- Indusind Bank CEO: Romesh Sobti
- RBI Governor: Urjit Patel
- RBI Headquarters: Mumbai
- RBI Currency: Indian Rupee
- Japan's Currency: Japanese yen
- Japan's Capital: Tokyo
- Japan's Prime minister: Shinzō Abe
- Russia's Capital: Moscow
- Russia's Currency: Russian ruble
- Russia's President: Vladimir Putin
- Turkey Capital: Ankara
- Turkey Currency: Turkish lira
- Turkey President: Recep Tayyip Erdoğan
- UAE Capital: Abu Dhabi
- UAE Currency: United Arab Emirates dirham
- Canada Currency: Canadian dollar
- Canada Capital: Ottawa
- Canada Prime minister: Justin Trudeau
- Australia Prime minister: Malcolm Turnbull
- Australia Capital: Canberra