One Liner GK Current Affairs - 4th April 2018
One Liner GK Current Affairs of 4th April 2018 has all the Latest news in single sentences with static points given at the end of the article. You may go through the Daily Current Affairs Quiz and Current Affairs Updates. These are important for the upcoming examinations of Bank, Rail and SSC like IBPS, SSC CGL, SSC CHSL and RBI or RRB. We hope our article will be helpful to you.
Rankings & Indexes
- The National Institutional Ranking Framework (NIRF), 'India Rankings', India's own top university rankings under 9 different categories is being released by Human Resources Development (HRD) Indian Institute of Science (IISc) Bangalore and Indian Institute of Technology, Madras topped the NIRF ranking in overall category while IISc Bangalore and JNU topped the universities category and Miranda House ranked top in colleges' category.
- According to a report released by Startupblink, a global startup ecosystem map with tens of thousands of registered startups, coworking spaces, and accelerators, the Indian startup ecosystem is ranked at number 37 and the global ranking of its top three cities are Bengaluru, New Delhi, and Mumbai.
- The trial run of the first container train between India and Bangladesh was flagged off from Kolkata city on Tuesday.
- Union Commerce and Industry and Civil Aviation Minister, Suresh Prabhu today launched digital initiatives by Export Inspection Council (EIC0 for ease of export at New Delhi
- Karnataka is the only state to launch intra-state movement of goods.
- A world-class interpretation centre and other tourist facilities for visitors were today inaugurated at the Konark Sun Temple, coinciding with Utkal Diwas -- Odisha's foundation day.
- Ola acquires ticketing app Ridlr to enable mass transit integration
Agreements/ MoUs Signed
- A Memorandum of Undertaking (MoU) tailor-made to suit the requirements of serving soldiers, pensioners and families, was signed between the Indian Army and HDFC Bank on the defence salary package
- The Central Board of Direct Taxes (CBDT) has entered into 14 Unilateral Advance Pricing Agreements (UAPA) and 2 Bilateral Advance Pricing Agreements in March 2018.
- A Chinese energy conglomerate and SoftBank Group Corp. signed a 930 million dollar agreement to produce and sell solar equipment in India, a country that is trying to bolster local manufacturing and curb reliance on clean energy imports.
Summit /Conference / Events
- New Delhi will host the strategically important trilateral dialogue between India, Japan and the US this week ahead of the summit between US President Donald Trump and Japanese prime minister Shinzo Abe at Mar-a-Lago later this month
STATIC GK NOTE DOWN POINTS
- Bangladesh Capital: Dhaka
- Bangladesh Currency: Bangladeshi taka
- Bangladesh Prime minister: Sheikh Hasina
- OLA Founded: 2010, Bengaluru
- OLA CEO: Bhavish Aggarwal
- OLA Headquarters: Bengaluru
- HDFC CEO: Aditya Puri
- HDFC Headquarters: Mumbai
- SoftBank Group CEO: Masayoshi Son
- SoftBank Group Headquarters: Minato, Tokyo, Japan
- SoftBank Group Founder: Masayoshi Son
- U.S. Attorney general: Jefferson Sessions
- U.S. Capital: Washington, D.C.
- U.S. President: Donald Trump