One Liner GK Current Affairs - 18th April 2018
Today in One Liner GK Current Affairs - 18th April 2018 we have listed some of the important and Latest Current Affairs Updates like Gujarat CM Vijay Rupani launches digital platform for police force, UK Joins International Solar Alliance to mark Narendra Modi visit and Bandhan Bank among top 50 most valuable publicly traded firms in India. These are important for the upcoming government examinations of IBPS PO, IBPS CLERK, SSC CGL, SSC CHSL and other similar examinations. We also update Daily Current Affairs Quiz which consists of a set of 15 questions.
Banking, Economic & Financial Affairs
- Bandhan Bank among top 50 most valuable publicly traded firms in India
- India is expected to grow at 7.4 per cent in 2018 and 7.8 per cent in 2019, leaving its nearest rival China behind respectively at 6.6 and 6.4 per cent in the two years
- The Union Government (Finance Ministry) in consultation with Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has launched first tranche of sovereign gold bonds (SGBs) for current fiscal (FY 2018-19).
- Gujarat CM Vijay Rupani launches digital platform for police force
- The Minister of Commerce & Industry Shri Suresh Prabhu launched the FIEO GlobalLinker- a digital platform for MSME exporters to digitise their businesses and join a global community of growing businesses.
- India has won an election to a crucial non-governmental organisation committee in the UN after garnering the highest number of votes besides getting elected by acclamation to other subsidiary bodies in five separate polls
- UK joins International Solar Alliance to mark Narendra Modi visit
Science & Technology
- Google to soon introduce 'confidential mode' for Gmail
Application / Portal
- Minister of Communication launched the DARPAN-PLI App
Agreements/ MoUs Signed
- The Society of Indian Defence Manufacturers (SIDM) and the Groupement des Industries Françaises Aeronautiques et Spatiales (GIFAS) signed a memorandum of understanding on the sidelines of a major industrial mission in India in the field of aerospace and defence organised by GIFAS with the support of SIDM from the April 16 to 19, 2018.
Summit /Conference / Events
- The India-Wiesbaden Conference 2018 was held from April 16-17, 2018, in New Delhi. The title of conference was ‘Securing Global Supply Chains through Government-Industry Partnerships towards Effective Implementation of UNSC Resolution 1540.
Awards & Honours: Miscellaneous
- Aditi Rao Hydari to receive Dadasaheb Phalke Excellence Award for Bhoomi
- Veteran Journalist S Nihal Singh Passes Away
STATIC GK AND NOTE DOWN POINTS
- Bandhan Bank Headquarters: India
- Bandhan Bank CEO: Chandra Shekhar Ghosh
- China's Capital: Beijing
- China's President: Xi Jinping
- RBI Governor: Urjit Patel
- RBI Bank rate: 6.00%
- RBI Headquarters: Mumbai
- UK's Capital: London
- UK's Prime minister: Theresa May
- UK's Currency: Pound sterling
- ISA: International Solar Alliance
- ISA Membership : 121 nations
- ISA Founded at: Paris, France
- ISA Head H.E. Upendra Tripathy
- ISA Headquarters: Gurugram
- UNSC: United Nations Security Council
- UNSC Headquarters: New York