One Liner GK Current Affairs - 17th April 2018
One Liner GK Current Affairs for 17th April 2018 has some of the important headlined given in single sentences. These are based on the Latest Pattern of government examinations like IBPS PO, IBPS CLERK, SSC CGL, SSC CHSL and other similar examinations. Some of the noteworthy points include World Bank forecasts India's GDP Growth Rate, Bengaluru is Highest Paying City, World Haemophilia Day Observed on 2018. We have also included Static GK Points which is purely based on the latest pattern. Other than this we have also included Daily Current Affairs Quiz which candidates can follow on a regular basis.
- Every April 17 World Haemophilia Day is recognised worldwide to increase awareness of haemophilia and other inherited bleeding disorders. This is a critical effort since with increased awareness comes better diagnosis and access to care for the millions who remain without treatment.
New Appointments: National
- Lieutenant General PP Malhotra assumed charge as Director General of National Cadet Corps (NCC), the largest uniformed youth organization in the world on 11 Apr 2018.
Banking, Economic & Financial Affairs
- Kolkata-based Bandhan Bank Ltd became one of the top 50 most valuable publicly traded firms in India. The market capitalization of Bandhan Bank was at Rs64,000 crore, claiming 50th rank, according to BSE data.
- Yes Bank has announced the launch of ‘Yes GST’, an OD (over draft) facility for Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises (MSMEs).
- The World Bank said India’s GDP growth rate will return to 7.5% in two years’ time, to sustain an 8% GDP growth rate, India requires a decisive structural reform momentum that succeeds in stimulating investment and export growth while maintaining macroeconomic stability.
Rankings & Indexes
- Bengaluru is highest paying city for talent: Randstad study
Schemes / Programme
- Government revises target to complete Pradhan Mantri Gram Sadak Yojana from year 2022 to 2019
Agreements/ MoUs Signed
- India Signs Loan agreement with World Bank for USD 48 million for Meghalaya Community - Led Landscapes Management Project
Awards & Honours: Miscellaneous
- Kendrick Lamar, 'Press Democrat' Claim Pulitzers.
- Veteran journalist S Nihal Singh passed away here today following illness.
STATIC GK NOTE DOWN POINTS
- World Bank Headquarters: Washington, D.C., United States
- World Bank CEO: Kristalina Georgieva
- Yes Bank Headquarters: Mumbai
- Yes Bank CEO: Rana Kapoor
- Bandhan Bank Headquarters: India
- Bandhan Bank CEO: Chandra Shekhar Ghosh
- National Cadets Group Headquarters: New Delhi
- National Cadets Group Motto: Unity and Discipline