One Liner GK Current Affairs - 16th April 2018
One Liner GK Current Affairs for 16th April 2018 has all the Current News headlines based on the recent Updates. These are important for the upcoming government examinations of Bank like IBPS PO, IBPS CLERK, SSC CHSL, SSC CGL and other similar examinations. Aspirants should go through them in details. We have also included Static GK Points at the end of the list to go through and revise for the examinations. Aspirants can practice the Daily Current Affairs Quiz if they want to improve their performance.
- Himachal Pradesh celebrates 71st establishment day. Himachal Pradesh will soon experience a new era of development and the process has already begun.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi will embark on a five-day official visit to Sweden and the United Kingdom (UK).
- State-run Punjab National Bank (PNB) launched new products such as pre-approved credit card and UPI solution to mark its 124th foundation day.
- Govt raises Nabard's authorised capital to Rs 300 bn to aid rural economy
- Commonwealth heads of state will begin meeting today in London, amid concerns over the unequal effects of climate change and efforts to fight it
- United Nations’ Deputy Secretary-General Amina Mohammed on April 12, 2018 announced the launch of the ‘UN Road Safety Trust Fund’ to stimulate action that can save lives and prevent injuries and sufferings associated with road accidents.
Schemes / Programme
- Launching the ‘Gram Swaraj Abhiyan’ here on Saturday, the Union Minister for Petroleum and Natural Gas Dharmendra Pradhan said the number of LPG distribution points in the State will be increased to 1,000 from the existing 707 for quicker and efficient delivery of gas cylinder
Agreements/ MoUs Signed
- In line with the efforts to indigenise the defence sector under the 'Make in India' initiative, Larsen & Toubro (L&T), India's multinational engineering conglomerate, and Bharat Electronics Limited (BEL), a leading public sector enterprise in defence electronics and tactical systems, signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) to cater to the needs of evolving domestic and export markets for defence products and systems.
Summit /Conference / Events
- The 7th edition of Home Expo India 2018 began at the India Expo Centre and Mart in Greater Noida.
Awards & Honours: Sports
- Commonwealth Games 2018: India Ends Campaign In Third Spot With 26 Gold Medals
Awards & Honours: Miscellaneous
- Pune-based 17-year-old swimmer Sampanna Ramesh Shelar has set a world record to double cross the Bangla Channel.
- Veteran actor Dharmendra and filmmaker Rajkumar Hirani will be conferred with the prestigious Raj Kapoor Lifetime Achievement and Raj Kapoor Special Contribution awards, respectively
STATIC GK AND NOTE DOWN POINTS
- Himachal Pradesh's Capital: Shimla
- Himachal Pradesh Chief minister: Jai Ram Thakur
- Sweden's Capital: Stockholm
- Sweden's Currency: Swedish krona
- UK's Prime minister: Theresa May
- UK's Capital: London
- UK's Currency: Pound sterling
- Punjab National Bank CEO: Sunil Mehta
- Punjab National Bank Headquarters: New Delhi
- UN's Secretary General: António Guterres
- UN's Headquarters: New York, United States
- Larsen & Toubro CEO: S. N. Subrahmanyan
- Larsen & Toubro Headquarters: Mumbai
- BHEL Headquarters: Bengaluru