One Liner GK Current Affairs - 13th April 2018
One Liner GK Current Affairs for 13th April 2018 has some of the most important headlines all given in single sentences along with some Static GK Pointers mentioned at the end of the article. These are very important for the upcoming government examinations of Bank like IBPS PO, IBPS CLERK, SSC CGL, SSC CHSL and other similar exams. We hope aspirants will find it really helpful and easy to go through these articles. Moreover, aspirants should practice the Daily Current Affairs Quiz for better performance in the examinations and also to have a check on the level of their preparation.
Banking, Economic & Financial Affairs
- The State Bank of India (SBI) has set up 60 digital branches across the country with an aim to offer advanced banking services like instant loan approvals, assistance in choosing investment portfolios and access to latest mutual funds among others.
- IDBI Bank said the Reserve Bank of India has imposed a penalty of Rs 3 crore on the bank for non-compliance to the Income Recognition and Asset Classification (IRAC) norms.
Rankings & Indexes
- India has been ranked 130th among 180 countries in the annual Index of Economic Freedom report released by American think tank Heritage Foundation.
- Gujarat Chief Minister Vijay Rupani today approved setting up a 5,000 MW capacity solar park at the Dholera Special Investment Region (SIR), which would be the largest such entity in the world after its completion.
- IIT-Delhi has set up a radio lab with an array of antennas for “standardisation, research and manufacturing” of 5G equipment.
- Ahmedabad Municipal Corporation (AMC) in partnership with civil society groups and its partner NGOs launched 6th edition of Heat Action Plan (HAP) to protect city dwellers from climate fueled scorching temperatures.
- The UAE Cabinet has approved the issuance of legislation to ensure equal pay for men and women working in the country.
Agreements/ MoUs Signed
- NHAI signs agreement for its First International Project
- The National Skill Development Corporation and the Nuclear Power Corporation of India Limited signed a MoU to provide skill training to 500 youth and women at Kudankulam in Tamil Nadu.
Summit /Conference / Events
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi to inaugurate Dr Ambedkar National Memorial at Alipur Road in Delhi on the eve of Babasaheb Ambedkar's birth anniversary
Awards & Honours: Sports
- India’s first boxing medal of the 2018 Commonwealth Games has come from Naman Tanwar, who was defeated in his 91kg semi-final by Australia’s Jason Whateley to settle for bronze.
- The 15-year-old Anish Bhanwala strikes a gold medal in the 25m rapid fire pistol shooting event at the 21st Commonwealth Games.
- India’s medal rush at the 2018 Commonwealth Games has continued with shooter Tejaswini Sawant winning gold in the women’s 50m rifle 3 position finals, followed by Anjum Moudgil with silver.
- Babita Phogat won the silver medal in wrestling at the 2018 Gold Coast Commonwealth Games
- Kidambi Srikanth became world No. 1 in the Badminton World Federation (BWF) rankings.
Awards & Honours: Miscellaneous
- Late veteran actor Vinod Khanna honoured with Dadasaheb Phalke Award
- Virat Kohli and Mithali Raj voted world’s leading cricketers in Wisden ’s Five Cricketers of the Year in a landmark move by the sport’s ‘bible’.
STATIC GK NOTE DOWN POINTS
- Gujarat Chief Minister: Vijay Rupani
- SBI Chairperson: Rajnish Kumar
- SBI Headquarters: Mumbai
- SBI Tagline: Pure Banking Nothing Else
- IDBI Bank Headquarters: Mumbai
- IDBI Bank CEO: Mahesh Kumar Jain
- USA's Capital: Washington, D.C.
- USA's President: Donald Trump
- UAE Capital: Abu Dhabi
- UAE Currency: United Arab Emirates dirham
- NSDC: National Skill Development Corporation
- Australia's Capital: Canberra
- Australia's Currency: Australian dollar
- Australia's Prime Minister: Malcolm Turnbull
- Dadasaheb Phalke Award: India's Highest Award in Cinema